Used CD shops in West Palm Beach?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Dan, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm going there for the weekend. Anyplace I should check out?

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I don't know about WPB specifically, but if you have wheels, there's a great one in Fort Lauderdale. Perhaps a member down there can give us the name, since it's been a while and it's escaping me. I do recall that it's listed in the phone book, though.

3. cdice

cdice New Member

I used to live in North Palm Beach, a suburb of West Palm. I moved from there two years ago. Unless things have changed dramatically, there's NOTHING in or around West Palm Beach as far as CD shopping goes. There's a F.Y.E. (For Your Entertainment) "chain" in one of the malls, and there used to be a used shop called CD Warehouse, but I heard they went out of business. Lastly, a little north of West Palm Beach in a small town called Jupiter, there was a great inde store at one time, BUT right before I moved out of Florida two years ago, the owner told me he was ready to close shop so that he could go back to college full time. I hate to paint a downer on the West Palm Beach, FL area but as a music collector, I was ever so GLAD to get out of there!!! :wave:

4. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

I lived there from 1998 to 2001. I do not remember any independent CD stores. I bought all my CDs from Best Buy or ordered off the internet. On the other hand, if you like vintage comic books there was a great store called "Past, Present & Future" on Military Trail. I don't know if it is still open but the place was huge. Be sure to check out "City Place" and Clematis Street while you're there. Local music celebrities are Jimmy Buffet and Rod Stewart (both have homes in Palm Beach). I have heard many times where people have run into Rod Stewart at restaurants in Palm Beach. I think he usually goes to "Taboo". Don Brewer of Grand Funk lives in Jupiter. E-Streeter Clarence Clemons had a condo in a high rise at Singer Island (not sure if her there anymore). Be sure to listen to the "Love Doctors" on the talk radio station. I think they come on at 4:00 pm during the week. Pretty funny stuff.

5. cdice

cdice New Member

Donnie Brewer's wife--Sunny Quinn--is also a popular disc jockey in the West Palm Beach area, and teaches broadcasting at a private college in North Palm Beach. I ran into David Peel (yes, THAT David Peel) at F.Y.E. over one December weekend. He was dressed in his traditional hippie garb. Smelled like skunk weed. I asked him what he was doing in West Palm Beach of all places, and he told me, "...drying out. A judge ordered me to get out of town [New York] for awhile and dry-out, or he was going to have me arrested." Funny man. He proceeded to tell me batches of John and Yoko stories, none of which I'll repeat here. Let's just say I don't think David Peel is too awlfully fond of Yoko. The feeling is probably vice-versa.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...did he tell you his John Lennon Leather Jacket Story? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.