Used CD stores in Dallas

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by ferric, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam Thread Starter

I will be traveling to Dallas, TX.

Any recommendations for used CD stores? I enjoy finding original pressings, UK pressings, West German pressings.

I will have evenings to shop.

Thanks in advance.

Ferric

2. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

Its not the best around here anymore. I usually go to a used store at Greenville and Lovers in the Borders shopping center. I just can't remember the name of it. The best used to be Forever Young Records in Arlington, but I have not been there in years.

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

It's called CD Source. Best used CD shop in the metroplex, IMO.

4. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

:shh: ... :) ... I find lots of great OOP CDs ... the trouble is that the good stuff rarely lasts a day in the New Arrivals Section ... I suspect that they buy 700 to 1,000 used CDs every week ...

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

:laugh: :laugh:

Lately I haven't been finding as good of gems there. Used to be a handful of targets every trip. Now, good pickins' are scarce!

6. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

I was in there last Thur. ... I guess it depends on what you are looking for ... but I find their used stock common ... and over-priced ...

7. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

In what part of town are you staying? ... I might have some other suggestions ... but I will have to PM them to you ... cuz you never know who's watching :shh: ...

8. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam Thread Starter

Hi guys,

The trip to Dallas was good.

CD Source is the place to be. The best organized used store that I have ever been too. Artists divider cards for everyone. I spent 4 hours browsing and purchased 19 CDs. Some of the CDs I rejected were severely scratched. I'm surprised that the store bought them.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. :nauga:

Complete CD Crap Haul

Nils Lofgren - 1+1 - first pressing(fp)
    Leo Kottke - My father's face
    Brian Bromberg - Wood
    Guess Who - Share the land - Canada -fp
    Traffic - John Barleycorn - Japan - fp
    Clapton - no reason to cry - RSO - w. german - fp
    Robert Palmer - Pressure Drop - England - fp
    King Crimson - Beat - mini LP - Holland
    Cassandra Wilson - She who weeps
    Ella & Basie - S/T - W. German - fp - Black label w/ silver printing
    Johnny Hartman - And I thought about you
    Alex Chilton - High Priest - Steve Hoffman mastered - oop
    Whiskeytown - Strangers Almanac
    Milt Jackson - Night Mist - Japan - fp
    Sarah Vaughan - No Count Sarah - W. German - fp - Dennis Drake
    Linda Thompson - A history of... - Hannibal
    Leo Kottke - Regards from Chuck Pink - oop
    Danko, Fjeld, Andersen - Ridin' on the Blinds - Ryko - oop
    Redbone - Essential - Legecy

9. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Glad you found some goodies :) ... even gladder that none of them were on my "Want List" :D ... I am on a first name basis with all of the long time employees ... I have discussed the "severely scratched" issue with the Mgr. ... sometimes it's a attributed to the rookie buyer not paying attention ... and sometimes they are "throw ins" on large buys ... they are supposed to mark them "Condition" ... but it doesn't always happen ...

10. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

SWEET! Yeah, toldya that place was cool ;)

Like any used CD store, it can be hit or miss. When you catch them on a good day, be prepared with your credit card :D

I've found several DCC golds there, including Hotel California and a few Coltranes, all for under $16.

The crazy part is that they have tons of CDs in a "warehouse" somewhere :confused: I caught them unloading boxes one day and it was the motherload. DCC Ella Sings Cole Porter, mint condition for $22! I spent too much that day :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.