Used CD stores in Manhattan?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by jawilshere, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawilshere

jawilshere Forum Resident Thread Starter

As a person newly working in Manhattan, I figure there must be a number of neat places to visit. Recommendations/suggestions?

Thanks.

2. acjetnut

acjetnut Senior Member

Bleeker Street records on Bleeker street in the village is a great place. The prices are a little high, but they have a TON of stuff. I never buy them, but I like to look at all the Beatles bootlegs they have.

3. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Academy, on 18th between 5th and 6th. Bleecker (Bleecker St. between 6th and 7th Ave) is second.

4. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Being from Valley Stream, you have an excellent store right there - Slipped Disc!

Definitely check out Bleecker Street as that is probably the best one, as well as Generation on Thompson right around the corner. The rest sort of fall into place - Village Music and Bleecker Bob's (actually on 3rd Street) are in that neighborhood, but not too great. In the East Village, check out Joe's CDs, Sounds and Rockit Scientist (very ecclectic selection and the owner is a bit of a Jack Black from High Fidelity-type character so beware) and Norman's around the corner in Cooper Square.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.