Used CD stores in Spokane, WA and Portland, OR?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Kym, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kym

Kym Former Resident Thread Starter

Can anyone recommend any used CD stores in Spokane, Washington or Portland, Oregon?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays! :)

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Don't know about Portland, but in Spokane we really don't have any stores that specialize in used CDs. A good place to go, though, is Recorded Memories. They have a lot of good used CDs. They also sell new CDs and vinyl (new and used).

4000 Holes is a great place, too. The guy who runs the place specializes in Beatles and sells new and used CD and vinyl. Although, if there's a bootleg that catches your eye, beware. You might wind up with a CD-R, so be careful.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

In Portland, there is a store-I forget the name-it was on the corner of Burnside and Sandy?. I also found another small store on E. Burnside.

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

There are a few used cd stores in Portland in the area Grant is describing. One of them is Djangos. I cannot recall the names of the others. There is also a great bookstore (Powells) that I understand sells cd's, but I must have missed that section when I was there (it's quite a large store).

5. chrischross

chrischross New Member

If you are on West Burnside, you can hit:

Everyday Music - 13th & West Burnside
    Djangos - 12th & SW Stark (1 block south of Burnside)

Price wise, I've been having great luck at Music Millenium west side on NW 23rd. Scored an early EMI-Japan pressing of Bowie's Let's Dance for $5.

Grant probably ended up at Everyday Music eastside which is on Sandy (take Burnside and veer to the left at the nastiest intersection in town, can't miss it).

Kym: I'm looking for WEA target CD's as well, and I haven't hit the jackpot yet.

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Those two are the ones. Django had a better selection. I also missed the music section in that bookstore in downtown. And I spent all that time in that book store and I didn't see any music.

7. Kym

Kym Former Resident Thread Starter

Yep, I hit them today. :)

Music Millennium had the most interesting selection of used CDs I've ever seen in a store.

Hmmm, I found nine targets while I was there today...:rolleyes:

8. chrischross

chrischross New Member

Argghh --- I wasn't looking hard enough!!! Good to hear that your were a more observant shopper and that Millenium worked out for you.

Always here to help my out-of-town visitors.:laugh:

9. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

10. chrischross

chrischross New Member

I'm afraid the FYE stores in my area are nothing short of lame. Fortunately, we have really strong independents.

Kym - what targets did you score??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.