Used records stores in Frankfurt, Germany

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Old Zorki II, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Ryall

Johnny Ryall Forum Resident

Sick Wreckords has a decent selection of punk and garage.
    No.2 is not bad either.

If you have some time you should consider hitting Darmstadt (Musik als Hilfe and Comeback).

jlykos likes this.
  2. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

Good luck!

Old Zorki II likes this.
  3. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher Thread Starter

Well, was able to visit the store on 5th. It was just before coronovirus crisis hit in full force.
    Got in a store more then an hour before opening and had plenty of time to browse. Unfortunately German section was a bit underwelming, I expected a bit more, but storekeeper said that German rock is becoming very popular (dah!) and no one wants to sell them. I still was able to net 10 records, with one fairly rare first press Tibet in immaculate condition, very reasonably priced all things considered.
    Who knows when I gonna be in Frankfurt next time, the way things going...

Johnny Ryall likes this.
  4. joachim.ritter

I'm happy to hear that you could score a few nice items!

That record store like most other stores in our state had to close today for some time.

5. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher Thread Starter

Expected. Wonder if my local store, who have saved some records for me, will be open ...
    From one side it is understood. But man, a lot of small shops (owners and employees ) will suffer.
    Lots of "checked" by me discogs inventory from shops in Europe now gone, as some sellers suspending even online operations.

6. joachim.ritter

Just call them, maybe they will offer some "take-away" option or will ship the records to you if the store is closed. Probably they could use the money ...

Do you have any idea whether those are bigger stores? Small stores with little or no employes will probably try to sell some stuff as long as possible. Like me, regarding CDs.

Maybe some stores are not offering international shipping at the moment because they expect to lose money if packages arrive with a big delay or not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.