USPS issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by larry333, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

This problem happened years ago when I ordered an out of print lp and it was sent via media mail. The lazy carrier evidently thought it was too much trouble to walk a few steps to my covered front porch, so he placed it between the mailbox and the flag on it, where it remained in the hot summer sun for hours while I was at work. It was so warped it was unplayable, though at least the vendor gave me a full refund.

WolfSpear likes this.
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You're lucky, because the situation where the item was delivered intact but got destroyed because of where it was left and the amount of time before you retrieved it, is not entirely clear cut. I've received items that got rained or snowed on after they were delivered. Generally, I accept that as my problem if there's no insurance on the item.

3. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day

Here’s something positive about USPS. I live in upstate New York. Saturday, 7-9, at 2:00 pm my time I placed an eBay order with Piranha Records out of Round Rock, Texas. At 7:00 my time USPS was in possession of the record. Today, Monday 7-11 I’m listening to the album. 48 hours from purchase to turntable.

Dave and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  4. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Haven't really had any issues at all worth noting in quite some time, but now I've got a package that was shipped from California on the 18th and was supposed to arrive on the 23rd.

Checking the tracking today, it has been sitting in "In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late" since June 22nd with no other updates. Ugh.

Myke likes this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Just a crap shoot lately.
    Priority seems to make no difference whatsoever anymore.
    Media Mail from Ohio getting to me within 48 hours of ordering. :love:
    The town I moved to three years ago still doing everything in their power to get us our packages ASAP, even if it means three separate trips out here all in the same day !
    Only mistake so far was sending a record to Memphis when it was already here in town. :shrug:
    Nothing damaged at least !!!!

6. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Received my first “folded” mailer a couple days ago.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Ouch.
    Yeah I got one of those several years ago. Hendrix album snapped in two. :cussing: