Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

USPS issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by larry333, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Good news, it was delivered today LMAO

zen archer likes this.
  2. Britt in VA

Britt in VA Forum Resident

In my opinion, USPS Priority has been fine for the most part. If you're paying for a premium service, it's still getting from place to place pretty efficiently. I wish sellers would get away from Media Mail until this all resolved. It's worth the extra five bucks to get your package to it's destination in a timely manner. Just build the price for priority into your selling price and explain why. Most buyers would prefer that, IMO.

ScramMan2 and Gregalor like this.
  3. Beatles_Apple

Beatles_Apple Well-Known Member

And yet, here we are, a month past the holidays and it’s gotten no better.

4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sure it is. I just checked my outgoing eBays and things are flying through the system as would be expected. Most are upgraded to first class and other than those shipped in the last couple days, everything is delivered. One media mail is well on its way, hitting Florida in 5 days but still pending delivery. This is entirely normal.

I have an incoming media mail that should arrive today. If so, that's 8 days which again is not far off of what I would expect.

Heck, even a CD that shipped on 12/8 that got stuck...
    • Dec 11, 2020
    • 1:00pm
    • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    • ANAHEIM, CA 92899
    Shows delivery yesterday...
    • Jan 22, 2021
    • 11:14am
    • DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX
    • XXX, OH 4XXXX
    This is one I expected to eat and would have been the only refund I'd have had to issue due to all of the postal issues. Never heard a peep from this buyer which led me to think that it might have been delivered but not scanned at any point at the end of the journey.

So despite some frustrations and concern, all turned out well. No complaints here. In fact, congrats to USPS for getting through this.

5. Beatles_Apple

Beatles_Apple Well-Known Member

I’m waiting for 4 orders that haven’t moved locations since last week. One hasn’t moved since January 8th.

6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that. Maybe I'm lucky. I'm luckier than most it seems when it comes to damaged jewel cases or vinyl from what I can tell.

Perhaps it is a local issue? Hard to tell your location, USA is such a large place.

7. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I'm encountering some consternation with U P S.

Just made a purchase for some gear and the buyer submitted the box for shipment days ago, but the UPS site still shows no update and no estimate for delivery date.

USPS has been fine lately....for me.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You mean UPS did the initial scan and no updates? If there's no initial scan, I'd question whether the seller actually dropped it off.