USPS issues

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by larry333, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I don't see any condescending there. All I see is a thread called "USPS Issues", where most people who buy their records online seem to be more focused on not getting a purchase, than getting it fixed.

To get it fixed, you have to be motivated. To be more specific, you have to violate forum rules. So...I do what I can, to remind you...it's not just your problem, it's everybody's.

I would love more than you, for you to get your parcels delivered by the agency who has done so diligently since before you were born. Because, that helps me as well. And my neighbor. And, my friend who works at the USPS and doesn't have a modern mail sorting machine in his branch office anymore. So, if you feel my desire to help everybody out, even you, by reminding people what it is we all need to do together...you have my sincerest apologies. And me, my neighbor and my friend who works at the USPS...can just go on worrying about ourselves, and hope you get your packages whenever the Postmaster General decides to get around to it. :tiphat:

2. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

"Lemme know when you guys figure out, this has nothing to do with stuck mail"

And

"Again...if all you're mad about is your package sitting in a warehouse someplace...you are not paying attention."

I read those as you taking down to other posters on here for really no reason. You could have shared your message without all of that. Maybe not your intent, but it seems just dripping in unnecessary sarcasm toward people who are just discussing delayed parcels.

3. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

That’s his thing.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  4. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Jersey City, the trucks must be old school ex Teamsters who drink coffee and sit around like goobahs at the construction site on The Sopranos. "Hey Vin, yer due Philly in an hour". Jackie Gleason lookalike with a sub sandwich in his mouth "I got this to deal with".

5. Joseph.McClure

Went to 3 post offices in Memphis today - all had the front doors locked. Is today a postal holiday?

6. Dillydipper

Like you know what my thing is.

7. Dillydipper

This is not "taking down other posters"...this is trying to help you fix your problems. Forum discussion rules don't accommodate being more specific.

8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Something weird going on there. where you live..

9. Joseph.McClure

I finally found a post office that was open and asked about the multiple closed post offices. They said they don’t have enough employees so they’ve given up trying to keep all of them open. Memphis area.

10. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

11. Ken Dryden

The USPS has gone to hell since they cut the number or sorting centers. Media mail is a joke the way it bounces from state to state or even across the country and back when there is no reason for it to do so. One thing I’ve found is adding insurance to media mail seems to speed up delivery. I recommend it for sellers. Some people don’t like the expense but occasional sellers like me don’t need to be issuing refunds for a purchase plus postage because of the incompetence of the USPS.

12. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Still waiting for a package I ordered 2 weeks ago.
    According to the tracking information, it took 5 days to leave California, and was scanned through 10 different ZIP codes.
    Meanwhile, a package I ordered from Argentina last week is already here, and a CD I purchased from the UK on Saturday is scheduled to be delivered on Monday

13. Joseph.McClure

I have a package stuck in New Jersey for two weeks now.

14. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

No problems so far received to cd boxsets.

15. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

More than likely it's stuck at the Jersey City facility? That's New Jersey's Bermuda Triangle for mail. Just hope it doesn't suddenly take a trip to Florida, like one of my recent packages did.:rolleyes:

16. Joseph.McClure

The buyer just filed a 'not received' two weeks after I shipped and I now have my funds on hold.

17. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Just had something odd happen this week, a new USPS problem. Package went out for delivery at the usual time, then a couple hours after we usually get mail, it was marked as "ready for pickup at post office"... So I drove over to the PO, and the clerk told me it's still on the truck and that the carrier isn't back from my mail route yet. Had to come back the next day and pick it up. Not sure if the carrier was just tired of delivering records to me or what, but I was kind of peeved at the whole thing.

18. Joseph.McClure

My item was finally delivered after it sat in Jersey City for 3 weeks.

19. Ken Dryden

For entertainment, post some of the ridiculous journeys that your packages have endured to finally reach their destinations.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

sounds like a goofed or intentionally wrong entry on the scanner.

astro70 likes this.
  21. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Luckily I only live a 5 minute drive from the PO. Still a PITA to have to wait in the lobby for an hour and then be told to come back tomorrow…

slipkid and GentleSenator like this.
  22. Ken Dryden

Informed delivery has been a helpful USPS app that lets me know what mail and packages to expect each day. One thing I learned is that to avoid having a package delivered on a certain day, one has to have all mail held for a day or two, That was my only option, as I didn’t want to reroute a heavy box of records to a neighbor or leave it in the hot sun all afternoon.

23. Ken Dryden

Now I have a new problem: even though I visited our post office branch yesterday and had a hold placed on our mail for 2 days, the heavy box of LPs and CDs that I ordered is listed as out for delivery today. USPS package handling is a joke, they need to revamp their policies and streamline handling or get out of the business.

24. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

I sent a certified letter with a return post card from Chicago to Baltimore. Tracking told me it got there on April 4. I got the return card today

WolfSpear likes this.
  25. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

Hmm… listen to this encounter I had with USPS.

I ordered an item on June 19 and it has a tracking number with it. USPS scanned this item as delivered on June 27 and it has yet to show up at my door. I kindly notified the Ebay seller that I would reach out to the post office. Now, the process here is to wait 7 business days before claiming missing mail.

When I finally made contact last week, they responded with “It says your mail was delivered on June 27th at 1pm.” I had to go in and select “Keep searching” because the case was pending closure. Is this how these problems get resolved now? The seller hasn’t contacted me since July 5th and EBay was very quick to shut down my claim, so now it’s up to PayPal…

Do they really think I’m sitting here wanting to collect money for free? I wanted my Jefferson Airplane Loves You box set! And this stuff happens more often than you think… I went through this 8-12 months ago when it was delivered across the street to my neighbor. At that time, there was new neighbors that had been rented from the previous… and the mail was tossed inside a locked box, and they couldn’t locate the key.

It was a mess but at least USPS came in contact and tried to resolve in a decent manner. What I had to deal with this past week was garbage… and I just wanted the music.