USPS Tracking - what are your current experiences?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The tracking on this one hasn't budged in 10 days. It says status is "Accepted" at the top of the page but it says acceptance pending in the tracking. So I'm not sure if this is a USPS issue or the seller just never took it to the PO.

Status
    Accepted
    September 11, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

RICHARDSON, TX 75080

September 11, 2020, 5:43 pm
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    RICHARDSON, TX 75080
    Your shipment was received at 5:43 pm on September 11, 2020 in RICHARDSON, TX 75080. The acceptance of your package is pending.
    September 11, 2020, 11:55 am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    DALLAS, TX 75230

2. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Got a record coming to me from Miami (to California), shipped more than two weeks ago, and tracking history shows it moving through the system like normal, but then after it got to Jacksonville, it hasn't moved for more than a week now. Assuming it's lost.

3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I haven't had any issues lately. 1 item got lost in New Jersey, & 1 in Louisiana earlier in the year.

4. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

It's been slow. I print labels from eBay or PayPal and I put the packaging in a slot at the post office.

In the past I could see them in the system that nigh, now it has take days sometimes.

So instead of taking a week to get to people it's been taking 2 - or even 2 and half weeks.

I think it's poor managements(i.e. starving the post office for resources for political reasons/voter suppression) plus the holiday season combining.

zephyr25 likes this.
  5. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Yes, it is a management problem - that is, management has decided to let its customers see what service is like when no (or very little) overtime is used.

(That is just my guess. But it aligns with deJoy's punishment of the PO.)

Any current employees of the USPS care to describe what the eff is going on?

If you have goods shipped and you aren't seeing/suffering delays, I believe you are very lucky.

(Related, my shipment from Fat Possum has been "accepted" and sitting, I assume, for 4 days in Oxford, Miss.)

bmh5879 likes this.
  6. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

The postal service is been busy delivering local mails to out of state. Its all over the news.. :biglaugh:

7. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

It seems to be getting bad again, at least for me recently (Northern Jersey.) All the problem deliveries follow the same pattern: Tracking gives me an estimated date of delivery and shows it is in Jersey at a sorting facility. The estimated date of delivery comes and goes. The tracking will now show that it was routed somewhere else out of state and status updated to "arriving late." It remains stuck in that status, sometimes up to and over one week. Very frustrating.

bmh5879 likes this.
  8. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

I had one scan of acceptance then a bogus 12 A.M. "in-route" and never a scan again. 12 A.M. is a fake scan....real scans have the real time. eBay Paypal reversal "I never got it". Weeks of intense pressure til he collapsed "uh uh uh....it it it....ummmm juss juss got here". The packages get ripped/marked up barcodes but still make it unscanned weeks before. Don't trust liars.

bmh5879 likes this.
  9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

About half of the Media Mail items I've ordered over the last month have been taking strange routes or have been sitting somewhere for days and days. This is as bad as I've seen it since the pandemic started.

Amazon also seems to be in over their heads right now. One LP I ordered (to be delivered via USPS) had its label printed and apparently never left their warehouse. I had to do battle with their useless customer service for compensation. Maybe ONE of the last ten items I've ordered from Amazon has arrived on the original estimated date. They've also just started using their own delivery trucks in my area and packages are routinely late or lost.

It seems like nearly every online retailer and shipping service is massively overwhelmed and running behind right now.

bmh5879 and tmtomh like this.
  10. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Yeah, as far as amazon, if you don't have a major amazon distribution center in your town, you're not gonna get a lot of stuff quickly.

GentleSenator and bmh5879 like this.
  11. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

I would agree. I'm on the East Coast, Mid-Atlantic, and since about the third week of November everything seems to have slowed to a crawl. Seems to be impacting Amazon and USPS so far. UPS and Fedex seem to be less affected (so far).

jason202 likes this.
  12. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

I have been seeing delays of up to 3-5 days.

NJ is just brutal. Most packages arrive in state at a reasonable time and as soon as it gets in the NJ system all bets are off. Sometimes they send stuff across the country first. Sometimes it just appears to disappear into the thin air before resurfacing 5 days later as departing to the next destination. I had a priority shipment from Queens a few weeks ago that should have showed up the next day - instead it took 10 days after it was redirected to Minneapolis first.

johnny q likes this.
  13. mackat

mackat Turntable hoar-...um, collector

I have a Priority Mail package going to Texas that has been delayed. I shipped it Thursday, and the delivery estimate was for Monday, today. Normally, this would have been delivered on Saturday, but now it hasn’t been delivered today and says it’s arriving late. Not a big deal, USPS is dealing with a ridiculous amount of parcels in this holiday season.

tmtomh likes this.
  14. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

They deal with it every year - this year just seems bad.

mackat likes this.
  15. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

The NJ transfer facility is the worst in the USA and right up there with Chicago as the most fired/quit employee buildings of all of the USPS. If you are sagging your USPS pants you are the norm.

johnny q and bmh5879 like this.
  16. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Jersey City NJ NDC has gotten better since last summer. For me anyway.

What has gotten worse is the local pickup from our 97219 PO. No matter what the class of mail is it can sit for a day or two before it moves out, especially on weekends.

The first pickup to take it to the local processing center leaves at 3:30 daily. They have a sign in the lobby saying to be safe have it in here by 2. That is what we shoot for. Still doesn't happen.

When we lived in Milwaukee it got picked up and scanned like clockwork every night. I knew the first pickup was at 5 and another at 6pm. That PO was quite a bit smaller, 2 windows and some PO boxes in the lobby.

I was there earlier today to make a drop @97219. The parking lot was full, I parked across the street, which is normal this time of year. The line inside was insane, glad I can do all this on-line! I wouldn't touch that kiosk in the lobby without gloves on.

Yes they are ALL overloaded. And have been since March, but it's getting really bad now.

They lost a Priority Mail small box on Nov 23. I am working with USPS on this one. It never left Portland but was scanned in to the processing center here. I already refunded the customer, I am trying to get reimbursed by the USPS ... so far so good with 2 emails to me about it, but no resolution yet.

17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Still generally slow here in the Northeast.

Except Amazon, which I find interesting.

18. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

I've got a package going from Oregon to Michigan but decided it wanted to see Graceland so hung out in Memphis for a few days then skirted over to Oxford Mississippi and has been hanging out there for 4 days. Already almost a week late. Maybe it hates cold weather and forgot to wear a scarf. Come back north!

19. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

I had to mail a package out today and lately have been driving a little further to go to the tiniest post office nearby to avoid big crowds and have never seen it as busy as it was today. 5 person limit in lobby and probably 10 in line outside the doors.

mackat likes this.
  20. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

I had an SD card that I bought on ebay. Shipped from New Jersey. I'm in Southern California. It was shipped to Puerto Rico. I let the seller know if he knew why or if he used my correct address. He called USPS and found out it was sent by mistake. It eventually got to me later that week. No harm, no foul. I gave the seller 5 stars. It was not his fault, he didn't do anything wrong.

Dave, mackat and tmtomh like this.
  21. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I have 4 things on route to me vial USPS, that should've gotten to me by now, but ALL of them have an "arriving later than expected" note on them when I go to track them, with no update as to when they'll even arrive.

tmtomh likes this.
  22. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Agreed 100%. Thank goodness DeJoy will be gone mid mid January. Seattle area has been good. I've been doing a small amount of selling. Worst this year seems to be Northeast Coast (i.e New Jersey & surrounding) & Louisiana.

ScramMan2 and mackat like this.
  23. mackat

mackat Turntable hoar-...um, collector

What's even more ironic is that the Media Mail package I sent at the same time last Thursday to Colorado was delivered today. :p

24. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

USPS tracking number said since Friday my order would actually arrive today. The item never arrived today. However, about 2 hours ago it changed to delivery unknown. USPS last post says it is still in Seattle since 12/1. I have no idea where it actually is now. I have had this scenario a number of times lately. It is just insane how bad USPS tracking service is.

25. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

Sent some CD's to an Oregon address via Media Mail, got there in three days.
    Sent a small package via Priority Mail to South Carolina eight days ago, last scan was November 30th in Newark, NJ, 20 miles from the post office where I dropped it off o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.