USPS Tracking - what are your current experiences?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Of my last 2 packages as a buyer, 1 is supposedly sitting in my mailbox today, & the other has been pushed forward to tomorrow. Hope it shows up!

2. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

A few things I ordered are missing in action.I sold a mid priced record wich immediately dropped off th radar.Now the buyer opened a claim so I guess it is on me now.

3. moomoomoomoo

The expensive package I sent as a seller was delivered today.

4. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

What platform did you sell it?

5. Had an order of the Tangerine Dream In Search Of Hades Boxset supposedly mailed out November 11 (via media mail).

It was in "Pre-shipment" status (with tracking number) for two weeks (14 days) - I contacted a rep from ImportCDs about it. They replied that it was probably lost in the mail. They said a replacement order would be forthcoming soon.

On November 30, it all of a sudden appeared as delivered to my PO BOX. - 19 days after initial delivery (16 days proper, I reckon).

Anyway ... I contacted ImportCDs again to let them know the parcel had actually arrived. -- Of course, the replacement order (via Priority Mail) was in the pipeline and could not be stopped.

The replacement order left the facility on December 2.

According to the tracking number, the parcel made its way from Louisville, KY (December 2) to Birmingham, AL (December 3) and it has been there ever since ( at least no further movement is scanned/acknowledged ). December 8, there is the quip "In transit, arriving late". Since then .... nothing.

This is only the oldest of 5 transactions I've purchased in the past month or so. All of which are "In Transit - Arriving Late".

I'm patient, as they are not life-altering purchases. - - I had no idea the USPS was so in disarray.

WarEagleRK likes this.
  6. cporcp

cporcp Forum Resident

I ordered one like that myself and the same thing has happened - has been in "pre-shipment" since 12/7. It may show up at some point, and it's a hard-to-find, so I will try to be patient with the seller.

steveharris likes this.
  7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

My package has been sitting in transit at OPA LOCKA since 12/8. :shake::shrug::doh::thumbsdow

8. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

ordered Alice in Chains RSD vinyl. no tracking info like the rest here are experiencing.
    My house sits around 500ft from the road/mailbox. Kind of secluded with trees so I cannot see my mailbox from the house.
    Went to the mailbox today and saw the package sitting in the snow between the road and the mailbox. Surprised nobody took it.

So I guess now they won't even deliver the packages to the house anymore, but just discard them on the ground....

Ordered Look Sharp from Intervention records. Its been in transit for 23 days now.

9. moomoomoomoo

My last purchased incoming arrived today, & all outgoing have been delivered. I have to send 2 more on Monday.

10. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

I ordered 2 cd's from the same seller on Nov. 20...it's been one month. I guess they weren't joking when they said, Arriving Late.

November 25, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    November 21, 2020, 10:48 am
    Departed Post Office
    AVON, IL 61415
    November 21, 2020, 10:48 am
    USPS in possession of item
    AVON, IL 61415
    November 20, 2020, 11:45 am
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    AVON, IL 61415

11. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

I have two packages marked as arriving late, one is a present.

12. rjh_54

rjh_54 Well-Known Member

Been on the hunt for a particular CD set from Real Gone Music, which I'm not sure if it's OOP temporarily or permanently. Originally ordered from Barnes & Noble last week and I got an OOS cancellation e-mail from them Friday morning. Friday afternoon I saw that it was in stock on Real Gone's website (on sale!) so I took my chances and placed the order, paid $10 for priority shipping (it's a Christmas CD set), hoping it would get to me by Wednesday by some sort of miracle. Got my shipping notification Friday night and the set was delivered to me this morning (Sunday)! I know this is more of a reflection on RGM's quick fulfillment, but I'm so happy! RGM is based in California and I'm in CT, so this truly was a Christmas miracle. :laugh:

Yesterday I got a Media Mail package that was shipped 12/7 from OR, but I'm still waiting on a package from IN on 12/6 that was shipped First Class. Three First Class packages I shipped out to customers on 12/11 are still out there somewhere - two haven't been scanned since they left my PO, and the third has been stuck in Jersey for about a week. I think it's safe to say most people are shipping things First Class during all of this.

13. Edotl

Edotl formerly Rick Goodkind

I use Informed Delivery by the USPS. I've never seen worse general status of packages there.

I was reading about this a week or so ago. Here are the factors I vaguely remember.

Some services--UPS, FedEx?--recently raised prices, which sends more mail to the USPS.

UPS and FedEx ended delivery services for some retailers, which sends more mail to the USPS.

The season from Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday to Christmas adds more mail.

The Inspector General removed mail sorting machines, limited overtime, etc.

The pandemic...

One article said that one postal station was so filled up it rejected new deliveries of packages.

When I order a CD from overseas, I won't report the item as lost until at least eight weeks have passed. I've had items arrive in six weeks from Europe.

Domestically I--and many of you--have seen packages just sit in a sort of 'In Transit, Arriving Late' limbo for a couple of weeks.

zen archer, moomoomoomoo and jason202 like this.
  14. moomoomoomoo

Good summary.

15. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Third Man Vault Package - White Stripes GH:

USPS Tracking:
    Nashville, TN ——->
    Memphis, TN ——->
    Seattle,WA ———->
    Destination = Eastern Pennsylvania

WTF?!?

16. moomoomoomoo

I've seen this sort of thing several times in 2020. The new USPS norm......... sigh. Hopefully a new director will solve these issues soon after 1/20/21.

500Homeruns and cporcp like this.
  17. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

I have a total of 10 things coming and going (all shipped before 12/2) that are still out there in limbo. Just about 3 weeks. I have given up and stopped ordering anything. More frustrating is the stuff I have sold which isn't in the buyers hand. Worst it's ever been. Not even close.

Dave likes this.
  18. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I'm jumping in and saying that part of the problem must be in Cincinnati or Memphis. I've got a number of Amazon, Plaid Room, and VMP things that are held up in one of those two spots. I've also stopped ordering things from Amazon that don't use their 1 or 2 day Amazon service.

I don't get why Amazon doesn't tell the post office to pound sand. I've already had two LPs lost by them that Amazon has sent replacements. The replacements are also stuck in limbo. At least this time, they show in the system and not a pre-shipping label like before. Amazon should just use their own service, especially to Urban and Suburban locales. I understand that rural areas may be more difficult.

Amazon can be an evil company.. but I don't think they should have to eat costs because the stuff is just sitting somewhere. Think of how that is going to hurt small businesses, especially at a time like this.

I know I'm griping about records.. but how many people's boxes full of medicine or medical supplies that they need are stuck out there? That photo a few posts back had priority stuff in those boxes mixed in with other packages. People pay extra for that.

I get Covid.. I get the political situation.. all of that.. Delivery services like the USPS are essential businesses. People depend on them for more than just getting junk like records. Hire more people. There are TONS of people looking for work due to Covid layoffs. Remember what partially got us out of the Great Depression? Massive government hiring and building projects.

19. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Same area,Lehigh Valley. Order from Real Gone Music,Ca. placed 12/2 via Media Mail ,sat in the Lehigh Valley Distro for an extra week for no damn reason arriving 12/18. Postal carrier says things are so screwed up,nearby Philly has tried to help with limited success.She starts out @ 5:30AM,sometimes hitting places twice-one for packages,the other for regular mail-restrictions on OT seemingly off. But a check from here to 7 miles took from 11/30 till 12/17. After problems with leaving outgoing mail for thieves,we only put mail in blue boxes or local annex office. Last REAL Postmaster General once ran this building so well she got the top job during the Obama years. She retired and Mr. Magoo DeJoyboy got it for party contributions. Months ago Amazon,UPS & FedEx saw the tsunami coming and yet,it was even bigger than they expected. Guarantees on arrivals suspended-I have no problem with that. Meanwhile,USPS cut OT,eliminated mailboxes and sorting machines and service in general,going backwards in the s@#$ storm. Possible uniform change from blue to brown,but it would just add confusion with UPS,the original brown.

500Homeruns likes this.
  20. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

• Dec 8, 2020
    • 1:35pm
    • ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
    • MEMPHIS, TN 38136
    • Dec 6, 2020
    • 11:34am
    • DEPART USPS FACILITY
    • HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
    • Dec 6, 2020
    • 2:14am
    • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    • CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD 20799
    • Dec 5, 2020
    • 5:06pm
    • PICKED UP
    • WASHINGTON, DC 20066
    • Dec 5, 2020
    • 9:42am
    • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
    • WASHINGTON, DC 20002
    • Dec 5, 2020
    • 9:25am
    • SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
    • WASHINGTON, DC 20002
    • Dec 5, 2020
    • 6:25am
    • Tracking number provided

21. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Over three weeks waiting on a bluray from Iowa. I'm pretty patient, though, and know USPS is struggling.

22. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I think the most frustrating part for me is items aren't scanning anywhere. At least if I could see something was scanning along the way I'd feel better, but the majority of the items I've sold or am waiting on just aren't getting scanned at all so I have no idea where they are.

bmh5879 and zen archer like this.
  23. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Memphis TN has been a hell hole. I had an outgoing package to Millington TN get stuck there for a couple weeks, it's nearby. All USPS said to me on an inquiry was that they were overloaded.

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

where are you?

25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

New York

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.