van den Hul The Extender

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by William Bryant, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilli

Chilli Pretend Engineer.

Brilliant! We can't say it does anything, but it can't hurt!

Thing Fish likes this.
  2. Bazzaah

Bazzaah Well-Known Member

eur 5k per pair!

3. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

Oddly the only new sound I can hear right now would be the sound of cash getting flushed down the toilet.

Bazzaah and Thing Fish like this.
  4. nitsuj

nitsuj Forum Resident

I don't have an issue with esoteric, non-peer reviewed study, or Frontier Science. But, if I am gonna shell out $5K for wires hooked up to wood blocks... You better, at least, get an Englishman to do your copy and spell check. Lest something go missening

"Listening to reproduced sound by any loudspeaker system in all kind of listening situations, made clear that in the sound reproduction something essential was missening."

5. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

I must admit that reading "The Extender" in the title misled me to think about some kind of p***s enlargement technique.

bever70 and wwaldmanfan like this.
  6. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

"The Extender emits a signal which communicates direct with the brain."

Hmm. Considering $5k per pair, I wonder if it might communicate how I could possibly justify five grand on wood wedges with a "wave on" switch on the back without knowing what the hell I'd be buying. I think I'll have to turn on my "wave on" switch:

:wave:

7. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

8. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

If it doesn't work, you can always use it as a doorstop

[​IMG]

bever70 likes this.
  9. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

You know, on second thought I could be wrong about this. I think The Extender may be concentrating orgone energy, like an Orgone Accumulator, which makes me feel greater, it's a back brain stimulator, it's a cerebral vibrator...cool:

William Bryant likes this.
  10. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I don’t think I’d ever buy one as I don’t think I could justify the cost/benefit calculation, but it would be interesting to demo. I had one of those Acoustic Revive schumann resonance generators for a while, but eventually sold it. Not because it didn't do anything, but because it made listening less enjoyable, kind of like there was this nagging feeling at the back of my neck when it was on.

JohnK

11. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

Sounds a lot like a stereo system

Jimi Floyd and rischa like this.
  12. Bazzaah

Bazzaah Well-Known Member

The article is in Dutch so maybe an error in Translate?

13. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

This is the original:
    [​IMG]

14. Agitater

Agitater Forum Resident

A lot of the product descriptions on the Van Den Hul site have funny misspellings (all of which are I suppose - according to the old man - “halogeen free”). It’s English as a second language. Still, his English is a lot better than my Dutch. But it’s still funny.

I would never, ever have thought I’d be dissing Van Den Hul, especially not after having had so many great experiences with so many of his superior cartridges. But when a person of even his reputation descends into audiofoolery, it’s open season.

Still waiting for some Bybee junk to show up in the mail. Partsconexxion.com deliveries are slow these days with the post office on short staff because of the pandemic. Can’t wait to disassemble the Bybee stuff to see what’s actually inside (after testing it of course). Unfortunately, like all things right now, a blind listening test with my music listening group is going to have to wait until we get the all clear on social gatherings.

15. jtw

jtw Forum Resident

Mine work really well. I give them out as gifts to friends and associates on holidays, birthdays, etc.

16. William Bryant

William Bryant Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm going to make a wood box with an LED sticking out that reduces stress, eliminates the need for exercise, eats your vegetables for you, cures ED, and reverses the effect of low-quality ethernet cables on holographic imaging!
    How could this possibly be BS? Didn't you see them mention Tesla! And quantum? And DNA? And zero-point energy? Didn't you read that scalar waves can also be called life-energy waves? Come on! These guys know their stuff!

17. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Ten years? :laugh:

18. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Does it come with it's own pocket knife so you can whittle modifications to suit your particular room's special characteristics? :biglaugh:

Wes_in_va likes this.
  19. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

here is a review- he likes it!
    quick summary- deeper sound stage (check),
    enhanced detail (check)
    makes you feel more relaxed. (?!)
    van den Hul The Extender

20. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

This is the Dutch word for halogen, somehow the translator did not get this due to the similarity?
    He refers to the halogen group ( group VIIa) in the periodic table, fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, etc. These elements are often used in polymers for insulation in electrical and electronic devices and cables. When getting hot or burning these polymeres release toxic fumes. However it is also reported that low concentrations being released during normal operation can affect electronic devices and result in deteriorated performance over time.

21. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

This is in line with what the Dutch reviewer reported, except for the last point. But then, he was only visiting the masters listening room, probably no time to relax with such an energetic man around!

For those who are (secretly ;)) thinking of buying this and saving 3-4k $, it is probably not going to work with music. The Dutch reviewer also reported that when one extender on the left or right side was switched off, he could hear the how the sound stage collapsed on that side.....

22. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

At only $350 each I sell my VectorField™ quantum LifeEnhancer® double-helix MagicCubes©. Now that's a steal!!! They make people happy, heal any illness and make a Crosley all-in-one sound better than any set-up you ever heard.
    Book a strereo couple now, SAVE $50 on the second couple!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

23. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

I hope to own The Extender someday soon, since that would clearly mean I have more money than I know what to do with.

24. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

A couple glass jars of beads and those little discs that you put on top of your headshell, throw in the Extender, and a padded cell and you too can have quite the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.