Van Halen and Queensryche -one copy

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Winston, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Winston

Dr. Winston New Member Thread Starter

Combing my local stores today I found but did not purchase one copy each of Van Halen and Queensryche on DCC---priced at 26.99e plus tax--also avail is James Taylor-Dad Loves His Work on MFSL at 28.99. If anyone has keen interest let me know--

I also have an extra sealed Elvis 24K for trade--on the Elvis disc I'm looking for Rare Beatles, Stones, etc --can be a CDR trade-send list.

Dr. Winston

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Ditto on the Queensryche here in San Jose. Also there's a Queen, Eagles Greatest Hits, Jackson Brown "Pretender", quite a few Sinatras ('57, Seven Hoods), a Cars (GH I think) ... a couple more I've forgotten. I'll take notes next time.

If anyone needs Cosmos Factory, Green River, Bayou Country, LA Woman, Strange Days and some of the other hard to get ones, I suggest http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/index.asp. You can't really search for "DCC" by label, so the best thing to do is search for the title then look at the list of results. These are sorted by date, so if you know your approximate DCC dates (see discography) it's pretty easy to spot the gold - it will be made in the USA and around 3000 yen.

Regards,
    Metralla

3. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a Queensryche copy (sealed or
    perfect mint) and a couple of other DCC titles
    as well. I would prefer to trade for other
    DCC or MFSL titles.

Holy Zoo, how about a forum for DCC etc. want lists and trade offers?

Joachim

4. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

I have a mint Empire that was probably played two or three times (purchased new 10/01). E-mail me a trade list if you're interested in it.

I'm also looking for some Euro King's X CDs. Maybe you could help there?

5. MikeD

MikeD New Member

Patrick:

Did King's X release albums in Europe that weren't released in the US? Are you talking about B sides? Just curious because I was really into this band when they first came out. I kinda dropped out after the 4th album (I think) because I thought they weren't as good as they were in the beginning. But now I'm going to check out some of their later work. Thanks.

Mike

6. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Albums, no. Bonus tracks, yes.

AFAIK, the first three (OOTSP, GGTN, FHL) are the same worldwide.

KX4 (s/t) contains "Junior's Gone Wild" on the Euro CDs, and maybe (probably?) the JPN CD. This track is also available on the "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" s/t and the "God Gave Rock n Roll to You II" (David Goodwin's second favorite song) CD single.

Dogman is the same everywhere, AFAIK.

Building Blox was a promo only compilation which contained an acoustic version of "Shot of Love" unavailable elsewhere.

The JPN Ear Candy had "Freedom" as a bonus track. It's also on the German "A Box" CD single.

"I Change My Mind" was on the "Looking for Love" promo CD.

The "Best of" had four unreleased tracks -- 3 studio and a live version of a "Over My Head" from Woodstock '94.

The "Fade" Euro CD single (from Tape Head) contains a live version of "Groove Machine."

Please Come Home Mr. Bulbous was available in a limited run in Europe as a 2 CD set, with the second disc being a VCD of the "Then" video commonly available on VHS. The JPN PCHMB contains "Two" as a bonus track.

The JPN Manic Moonlight contains slightly extended versions of "Believe" and "Vegetable."

Doug's side project Poundhound -- the first album had two bonus tracks on the JPN CD. The second album, Pineapple Skunk, was available as a Euro 2 CD, with the second CD containing a VCD of the "PoundHound Live Bootleg" video.

I'm not an expert on this subject, but that should cover most of it. The best KX discography site is http://www.kxcd.net, but it's being upgraded at the moment. The old site is still available.

If you (or anyone else) want to talk KX, feel free to send me an e-mail or start a new thread and I'll help you. I just added some rare mp3s to my "website" and received a truckload of live and rare KX CDRs yesterday.

7. MikeD

MikeD New Member

Wow - thanks for the info! I'm in the moving process now, but I think we do need to talk about that recent arrival, so I will catch you when I am settled again. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.