Van Morrison - Album by Album discussion (part4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

3. dee

dee Senior Member

Thanks MilesSmiles, :), and Clarkophile, :). Kinda rhymes!

4. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Happy Birthday Van!

Van+Morrison.jpg

5. dee

dee Senior Member

Another shout out to Keep It Simple which is just a pleasure for me to listen to. I have the cd when it was released so no need for me for a remaster as it sounds GREAT to my ears. Never would have thought I could listen to a fave like Streer Band and Choir followed by an album 40 years later - KIS - and enjoy them both for different and some of the same reasons. Van The Music Man.

dino77 likes this.
  6. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

timely resurrection for "Days Like This". :D

dee likes this.
  7. dee

dee Senior Member

Yep! I have got many plays out of that one! Another one I am already pleased with the sound of on the initial cd.

JeffMo likes this.
  8. dee

dee Senior Member

"Take It Where You Find It" :) from Wavelength.

My first listen to some of the songs on that album were via the KBFH concerts. I liked what I heard. Enjoyed it. Then I heard the album and it was different, a little more subdued maybe, and just not as tight or fun etc. Finding "Take It Where You Find It" today has been a great joy though. Fwiw, already added it to the expanded playlist I made up for APOT with some of the mid 70's tracks. Glad "Take It Where You Find It" is available as a 'single' track download! Goes nicely with Heavy Connection and Cold Wind in August too, imo. Trying to get into Santa Fe/Beautiful Obsession also. Gonna give that one another try. Also, for some of the other songs on the album, am looking forward to giving that 1978 Bottom line concert another listen this week. The Roxy concert hopefully too.

9. dee

dee Senior Member

VanMagical WaveLengths

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.