Van the Man and Lenny Kravitz

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GoldenBoy, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater Thread Starter

Well, here's one I've been asking for forever: Moondance. I'd love to have that on SACD or Gold Disc. I'd love to have many Van CDs remastered on SACD for that matter, but I pick Moondance as it has not been remastered at all and it sure could stand to be.

Now, moving on to Lenny Kravitz - I'd like to hear any of his first three albums remastered on SACD - Let Love Rule, Mama Said, and Are You Gonna Go My Way?.

Cheers everyone. :)

2. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Some Van Morrison would be fantastic. Veedon Fleece is my favorite, but you're right ... since Moondance (and Astral Weeks!) were passed by in Warner's own remastering program, they should be given precedence ...

Wasn't there talk of a Moondance DVD-A?

3. GoldenBoy

Jeff,

I think you're right I do recall hearing some noise about a Moondance DVD-A, unfortunately, I don't own a DVD-A player so I couldn't take advantage of that anyway :( .

Yes, it would be nice to see Astral Weeks as well. One can hope; one can hope ;) Veedon Fleece is also one of my favourites as well as Hardnose the Highway. I love that album! :cool:

Cheers

4. tomd

tomd Senior Member

Moondance DVD-A

I just got an email back the other day from Rhino.They said the reason the Moondance DVD-A has/is being delayed is because it's waiting approval on the artwork from Van himself.And Van has pushed that off because he has been working on his new album.The Rhino spokesperson went on to say that both the stereo/multichannel mixes have been completed and sound excellent and he (the spokesperson) will post a new confirmed date for the DVD-A on Rhin's website very soon.

5. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member

I would like to have "Common One" on SACD but it won't happen. DVD-A will only have popular titles, unless the format become the norm, which I doubt.

Lenny Kravitz, yes. Also, the Plasmatics and the Sex Pistols on SACD. And Metal Machine Music while you're at it.

6. GoldenBoy

Hey Beagle...

I would like Common One on SACD as well, it's one of my favourites (see my signature :) ), but I figured I'd go for something more likely. I don't see Metal Machine Music making it anytime soon either, but maybe The Blue Mask, Transformer, Berlin or New York? I know they have already been remastered, except New York, and there are already 2 different versions of Transformer on Gold Disc. There's the original GD release of Tranformer from BMG I beleive, and there's a more recent Italian release which is a 24-bit remaster on Gold Disc that is in a box with 24-bit remasters of Berlin and Rock 'N Roll Animal, also on gold. It's called the Golden Collection.

7. Clive Camm

Clive Camm New Member

I would be interested in Van Morrison's Moondance and Astral Weeks on vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.