Venues You've seen the most concerts in

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Experiencereunited, Jan 20, 2020.

1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Oh yeah - I forgot about the Bottom Line - saw a lot of shows there, especially when I was attending NYU - so easy to get tickets since it was right there on "campus" - if you want to call Washington Square Park campus.

fenderesq likes this.
  2. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident Thread Starter

I find the band of interest dictates the venues rather than the other way around so probably not as much interesting for you at MSG. Venues that consistently book bands I like consistently end up becoming my "home" venues for better or worse. Over time tastes may change somewhat too altering where you end up seeing concerts. I also moved around a lot and traveled for concerts too so my most attended venues are not all in the same area.

3. drift61603

drift61603 Forum Resident

There's a comedy club in Peoria I've seen over a thousand shows at, but most of them weren't musical. As far as music, probably a DIY basement venue that used to be here called The Meeting House.

4. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

Metropolitan Opera House, New York City great acoustics but virtually no leg room. Only rock act was Pete Townshend and guests for “Quadrophenia”

Jones Beach Amphitheater, Wantagh NY really increased the capacity over 35 years so some seats are way high Outdoors. Being in the ocean (Great South Bay) it can be surprisingly chilly at night in the summer

Brendan Byrne (Izod) Arena, East Rutherford NJ. Pretty much in mothballs. Competed with Madison Square Garden for bad acoustics . In its heyday in the 1980s it got a lot of rock concerts

5. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I saw some great shows here in the 1980's, but the place was a dump. Nicknamed "The Barn". The restroom was a grated floor where you actually peed through the grates. There was also a cow trough you could pee in. The place smelled horrific, worse than a barnyard full of cattle with diarrhea. :hurlleft: