Verve Label Group/UMe Announces Chad Kassem-Supervised All-Analog Classic Jazz Reissue Series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Marko K, Jun 11, 2020.

1. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I'm not really upset, just annoyed. I understand back ups, but April next year is a bit absurd. Most things get backed up a few months.

2. chris8519

chris8519 Forum Resident

Beatles Capitol albums boxset AAA pressed at QRP using original mixes CONFIRMED. Well worth bumping the Evans over.
    :laugh::laugh::shh:

Elofan, uzn007, this_machine and 2 others like this.
  3. this_machine

this_machine Forum Resident

Are both of the Evans titles delayed? Only Trio ‘65 is pushed out further on the Acoustic Sounds site.

4. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Whoa Nelly. I suppose it was inevitable in hindsight.

ausamerika and chris8519 like this.
  5. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident

I hope this isn’t a joke

6. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

I will say that most of my dish warps tend to be Side A, but I've also had plenty where both sides were dished, too.

And if quality control just improved a little, we wouldn't have to be discussing any of this.

7. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Have there been reported issues of noisy vinyl with Blues and the Abstract Truth? Mine has several distracting pops....

8. motionoftheocean

not sure about just pops per se, but a number of us had copies with non-fill during "Stolen Moments."

berlinerpunk and TerpStation like this.
  9. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

New to vinyl? Any release can have copies with pops and clicks. Mine is near perfect.

10. TerpStation

Luckily no no-fill issues. Thanks.

Ken.e. likes this.
  11. TerpStation

New to vinyl? No, old to vinyl.....being in my 50s one might say i am a vinyl native!

timzigs, Mazzy and Greenmonster2420 like this.
  12. motionoftheocean

Both my copies have been dish-warped but my first one suffered from non fill. The replacement, like I said is still warped, but at least plays clean.

TerpStation likes this.
  13. Leonthepro

Well some pops are to be expected sometimes Im sure you know. If its real bad maybe return it?

TerpStation likes this.
  14. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Just got a copy of Getz Gilberto today. Was waiting for a repress, but a copy popped up on discogs this morning under list price with the only issue being a tiny seam split on the top of the sleeve. Turns out the seller lives just a couple blocks from me and they dropped it off this afternoon along with a AP 200gm Pictures at an Exhibition. Fastest discogs transaction ever! Anyhow, this Getz Gilberto is really something. Dead quiet vinyl and beautiful sound. I thought my original verve stereo sounded quite good, but this is really special.

15. Leonthepro

Thats what 3track tape cutting gets ya.

16. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

Are you serious?

17. MadMax4073

MadMax4073 Well-Known Member

Nice find! I just purchased the Getz/Gilberto Analogue Production's 45rpm from Acoustic Sounds for $50 this week.

Michael Ries likes this.
  18. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Nice! I was tempted by the 45rpm version, but I’m trying to only get 45rpm releases for my “must-have” albums, though if price was not an issue I might be more lenient with that. I’d be curious to hear the difference on this release.

MadMax4073 and Swordsandchains like this.
  19. MadMax4073

MadMax4073 Well-Known Member

Someone on You Tube said the 45 is a little better, but who knows. The 33 was out of stock. Since I love this album, I'll probably buy the 33 down the road. Going to 29 Ramones shows, 6 Who concerts back in the 70's, plus tons of other shows, I highly doubt I'll be able to hear any difference.

20. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

After realizing that Trio '64 is still scheduled for Aug 27, and it's just Trio '65 that is bumped so far out,
    i'd now guess that they found some issue with the test pressing, and have to go back and recut one side.
    That would explain the long delay process: get the tape again, re-cut, re-plate, and reschedule the pressing
    into the production schedule.

JerryTurcotte, puelche, Aegir and 4 others like this.
  21. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

That actually is a pretty good explanation and makes perfect sense. Even though this isn't the confirmed reason, its got to be something more than just blame the pandemic again!!

DeRosa and bruinuclafan like this.
  22. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

It's possible, but isn't it way more likely that it's due to limited availability at QRP, meaning one title would need to be bounced to the end, or one from each remaining drops, to the next drop? Then they would look at their presale numbers and conclude that Mingus, Coltrane, Ella & Louis and, presumably, Trio '64, seem to be more anticipated than Trio '65.

If there was an issue with the sound or something like that, it feels like they should have caught that much earlier than one month before the planned release date?

Swann36 likes this.
  23. Leonthepro

Not necessarily. They might have started to press a few now and realized that every copy has the same issue.

24. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Yeah of course, it can happen at any stage, and it's a good thing that they are catching it and taking the time to correct it if so. But if it's a problem with the plates, wouldn't it be a bit unusual that that goes unnoticed until 1 month before release?

At the same time, we know that covid has affected the pressing plants massively and that's causing delays across the board, so it doesn't seem surprising at all that that would be the reason for the delay here as well.

25. Leonthepro

It could also be that since they are so backed up, they just have time to really focus on the releases they are just about to do so they never gave much attention to 65 since every other cut has been acceptable.

Petter Premberg likes this.