Verve/Universal Music Posts Release Dates for First 4 SACDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bmoura, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member Thread Starter

Well, here's some good news for SACD fans. Verve has posted May 7th as the release date for their first 4 SACDs on their web site at http://vervemusicgroup.com/buzz_d.asp?bid=23.

They are as follows:
    >>May 2002
    5/7 Diana Krall (SACD) The Look of Love reissue Verve
    5/7 Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong (SACD) Ella and Louis reissue Verve
    5/7 John Coltrane (SACD) A Love Supreme reissue IMP
    5/7 Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto (SACD) Getz/Gilberto reissue Verve<<

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Brian,

That's great news. Verve have an incredible library of recordings and I hope this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I rate "A Love Supreme" as one of my all-time favourites and I will buy that. I wonder if they have added any bonus tracks. The down-side of "A Love Supreme" is that it is very short - some 30 odd minutes. Doesn't work out to be very good value if it costs $25. I'll bitch and moan and fork over my dollars though, and give my very nice CD version to a friend, but I'll be keeping my vinyl copy. "A Love Supreme" was the record that introduced me to John Coltrane.

Regards,
    Metralla

3. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member Thread Starter

I heard "The Look of Love" in Multichannel SACD from the Diana Krall SACD at CES in January. Apparently they already had a test pressing of the SACD at that point.

Very nice! It will be one to get. Getz/Gilberto on SACD sounds very intriguing as well. Fun times ahead!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.