Vh1 Bands Reunited (Squeeze/Extreme fans look)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Has anyone seen this yet? They had Berlin on last night. Boy does Terri Nunn look hot, better than she was in the 80's. For thiose who don't know, this guy from VH1 goes around and hunts down all the original members and tries to reunite the band for a 1 night only gig. Most of Berlin isn't even ij the music industry anymore. The drummer says his new family doesn't even have an idea that he was in Berlin. Terri has been touring w/ a new berlin as of late. The gig went really well and sounded really tight foir a band that hasn't played in 20 years.
    I think this show will be pretty cool.

Here's the list:
    A Flock Of Seagulls

Berlin

Dramarama

Extreme

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Kajagoogoo

Klymaxx

Romeo Void

Squeeze

The Alarm

Romeo Void is on tonight @ 10p EST. This band I could care less about but I'll watch anyways. Berlin reruns at midnight EST- that one you should catch.

I guess some of the bands meet up and don't even play the gig.

2. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Wow. I wonder which line-up of Squeeze they're going after. This almost makes me wish I still got VH1 at home ...

3. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

SQUEEZE!!!:thumbsup:
    I wonder about the line up too. Jules Holland has a pretty strong solo and TV career going on right now, and doesn't Gilson Lavis play for him now? I think Lavis was pretty angry with Difford and Tilbrook after they apparently sacked him. And those two weren't really on speaking terms recently either. Should be very interesting.
    Man I wish I had cable! :(

Dan C

4. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

When is Extreme on?

5. bartels76

Tuesday Jan. 27
    10/9c PM

There's a different band every night M-F at 10pm EST.

6. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Unfortunately, from what I can gather on the 'net, Squeeze doesn't actually reunite for their episode.

I could be wrong though...hopefully we'll at least get a song or two from Difford & Tilbrook, which would be a great reunion by itself.

The Squeeze episode premieres on January 30th.

You know, after watching the Berlin episode, I kept thinking to myself, this'd be a great show to get The Smithereens on! Problem is, they never broke up...wouldn't be much of an episode.

"Hey guys, how about getting back together like in the old days and doing a one-off concert for our new show?"

"Well, sure, but we never disbanded in the first place...in fact, we've got a couple of gigs in a week or so!"
    :laugh:

7. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Shawn: It's funny, because I really can't say that I'm a fan of any of the bands they are reuniting, but I watched the Berlin reunion show yesterday, too, and thought it was pretty interesting and well done.

8. bartels76

I'm not Berlin fan either but Terri Nunn kicked ass up there. If they came out w/ a Live EP of that show I would've bought it.

Klymaxx is going to be really funny because SNL ragged on them a few weeks ago and it was drop dead hilarious. I'll just be thinking of that skit the whole time I'm watching it.

9. bartels76

I saw the Flock Of Seagulls one tonight. The band sounded great. It has been 20 years since they played together as well. The guitar player hasn't played an electric guitar in 8 years and was spot on.
    The episode reunited the estranged brothers as well (singer and drummer). Their mom was really happy.

Klymaxx is on tomorrow. Oh man is that going to be great.

10. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Hi, if anyone is going to watch the extreme episode could you please tape or burn it for me? I don't have cable during the week and extreme was one of my favorite bands (saw them a few times live, they were great)

Gary Cherone should have been a sure thing in Van Halen (my all time favorite band), i don't know why that didn't work. Gary wrote some great lyrics on III and Waiting for the Punchline (and didn't on VH 3). Nuno is an amazing guitar player, i love that funky edge extreme put on things (I also like the Dan Reed Network for this rock/funk approach). Anyway, if someone could do me a favor i would be willing to pay for media/postage or trade something.

Thanks
    Wynn

11. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I watched a couple of these yesterday. I thought that Berlin and Romeo Void still sounded good. A Flock of Seagulls, on the other hand, was a big disappointment because the lead singer has apparently lost his voice: tuneless screaming.

12. Kevin W

Kevin W Well-Known Member

13. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I hear she had a meeting in the ladies room. Don't worry - she'll be back real soon...

15. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Forum Resident

So far I've seen Flock of Seagulls, Berlin & Klymaxx. It's kind of a fun show. Oh & Shawn you're right, Terri Nunn is hot.

16. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Flock of Seagulls??
    I thought one of those guys got shot in "Pulp Fiction"?

Sorry, couldn't resist...
    Cheers-
    Norm

17. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Great show! Squeeze is on this Friday night--can't wait!

18. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

19. bartels76

I wonder why they wouldn't reunite then if they seem to be getting along going to each other's shows.

This band might as well reunite since no one cares about their solo projects. They would do better if they were Extreme again.

20. Kevin W

Kevin W Well-Known Member

:laugh:

21. Stateless

Stateless New Member

Anybody know when The Alarm is on?

22. reechie

reechie Senior Member

23. Stateless

Stateless New Member

Cool. Thanks.

24. GregY

GregY New Member

Reminds me of that classic Simpsons episode when Homer and Marge renew their vows:

"Do you guys like the Doobie Brothers? 'Cause we got one of 'em!"

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I usually set mine for about 7:30 AM!

(Okay, now I'm just shamelessly attempting to pad my posting numbers - how much longer until I jump to the next level???)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.