VH1's "I Love the '80s"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve-oh, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone else hooked on this show? I've watched several of the episodes more than once (watching one now). A bunch of funny people poking fun at 80s pop culture.

Given the amount of airplay this gets, I figured it'd only be a short time before we got another decade - lo and behold, tonight they are advertising "I Love the 70s," starting in August.

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Can't wait for "I Love The 1770s."

3. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member Thread Starter

That guy from "Ed" will certainly have some good stuff to say about powdered wigs. :D

4. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Michael Ian Black is the man's name. "Ed" must have slipped under my radar, but he was hilarious in MTV's sketch comedy show "The State"

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I find these shows so compulsively watchable that the FDA should regulate them rather than the FCC. Of course, the decade of the 80s coincided with my Junior High, High School, and college years, and I can still solve a Rubik's Cube, so I am probably solidly in the target demographic. :laugh:

Regards,

6. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

If I come across one channel surfing, it's almost a sure bet that I have to watch the whole thing. Every now and then Henry Rollins shows up with a witty comment. They're worth watching for that alone!

7. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Especially the "Care Bear" comment "Fat girls named Heather would bring these to an in-store for you to sign":laugh:

8. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Great show. Too bad there are only 10 episodes.

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I can't believe that they're doing "I Love the 70s" without consulting me!! :mad:

10. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

What's up with Henry Rollins? I don't really know anything about him. He always seems angry to me.

11. Kym

Kym Former Resident

It's the unibrow. :D

He's actually quite a funny fellow. Just a very passionate artist, I'd say. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.