Vikings Season 5

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by neo123, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey Alien

Grey Alien Forum Resident

Something changed after the death of Ragnar. I lost all interest. :yawn:

Werner Berghofer and Michael like this.
  2. pblmow

pblmow Forum Resident

I want to buy the blu Ray and watch it at 3 episodes a night. :)

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

been pretty good this season...

4. Michael

I was positive I would have as well, but I was pleasantly surprise...enjoying this season much!

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I did, too, but if there are people who still enjoy the series, who are we to say?

6. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

Sorry, I'm very late with this, but this made me LOL. Heamund was an intriguing character with a lot of potential, but the writers really screwed it up by turning him into such a bitch. I think they screwed up with Ivar also, he's too unhinged. Everyone detests him, especially his family, so how does this physically weak man with no close allies hold onto power in a Viking culture that prizes warrior strength above all? Neither the writers nor the actor has convinced me this is plausible.

Despite its faults (especially Desert Trip!), the 1st half of the S5 held my interest. Once S5 part 2 is available for free w/Prime I'll give it a watch to see the return of Rollo.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  7. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

I don’t know about in the US but in the UK we’re already up to episode 6 of the second half of Season 5 on Amazon Prime.

8. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I agree with all of your points. The show is weak. Anyone with an axe should be able to take out Ivar. One of his brothers (that clearly doesn't believe him, like him, or respect him) gets close enough to do it constantly.

The English king doesn't have the balls to punish his thinking-about-overthrowing-the-king brother? Doesn't matter. Here comes his mother's lady balls. She'll do it.

I don't know the history of what may have happened in real life. But when Ragnar was around...I believed it and couldn't look away. Now it's an effort just to tune in.

Luckless Pedestrian likes this.
  9. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I think Mom's going to have a problem when Alfred gets better.

His brother saved him on the battlefield, Alfred was told of the plot, and subsequently Athelwolf was spared hanging.
    Itll be interesting to see what the king thinks of what she did to his brother.
    I think Judith is about to get pshipped into exile.....

10. Michael

how many episodes left this season?

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It was announced season 6 will be the last. Still, the show will run into 2020, so have no fear “Vikings” fans. You won’t go into immediate withdrawal.

12. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

The series follows actual 'history' in only in the most vague way. It takes names -- that existed over several centuries span of time and across different cultures -- and compresses them into a single generation or two -- and outlines the story with the fragmented bits of 'known' history & legends. I still like it, although its gets a little theatric of course. Take Ivar the Boneless. According to the most primary historic sources he was depicted as the most ruthless Viking that ever hit the British Isles. The name devolved over the centuries to the (understandable) presumption that this guy was crippled, but historians of this era (i.e. linguists) have said this interpretation is dubious as the English term boneless, interpreted across different tongues, may not mean what it seems to imply. It may not even refer to bones or even physical attributes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.