Vince Gill joins the Eagles

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cber1517, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

During one of the shows I saw parts of on Youtube, a couple of years ago, it looked like Steuart Smith was playing all of the lead parts.

melstapler likes this.
  2. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I never knew that.

3. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

I think the innocence ended a LONG time ago :laugh:

4. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Actually that made me think how Don Henley would sound singing "just take those old records off the shelf..."
    ...I think it would be pretty good! What would Bob Seger sing out of the Eagles catalog? Hmmm...not quite picturing it...maybe "Take It To The Limit" with the high part transposed down. I can sure hear him singing "All alone at the end of the evening, when the bright lights have faded away..."-shades of "Turn The Page"

5. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

I think he would be great on something like James Dean, Outlaw Man, Bitter Creek or Already Gone.

6. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

you are very very correct.
    As people continue to like their music and go to these concerts, whadever.

7. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

8. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

9. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

10. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

"Heartache Tonight." He co-wrote it. Henley and Frey returned the favor by singing background on his "Fire Lake."

11. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I believe your claims are exaggerated. While Meisner has had his struggles, he seems to be on his way to recovery. I doubt he will perform again due to damage to his vocal cords. However, it would be great if people would stop spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

[​IMG]
    Randy Meisner visiting Joe Walsh backstage at Coachella, May 19, 2017.

12. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

First off, great to see those two together again, and second, good to see that Randy seems to be getting better, because poor guy has gone through some hell.

BluesOvertookMe and Witchy Woman like this.
  13. perplexed

perplexed Forum Resident

Didn't see this in the thread. Apologize if it has been mentioned. I think bringing in JD Souther over Vince Gill would have been a better fit.

JD was involved in s lot of the writing and I think his voice shares a lot of the same qualities as Glen's.

Also Bernie should be back as well.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  14. Witchy Woman

I would love to see Bernie back! I don’t know if there’s room for him with all the guitarists on stage already.

JD has stated it would be “sacrilegious” for the band to go on without Frey. This was shortly after Frey’s death though, maybe he’s changed his mind. At any rate, Vince Gill has much greater name recognition than JD Souther.

Szeppelin75, perplexed and melstapler like this.
  15. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

I'm glad to see that he seems to be in better shape, its too bad his voice is probably not going to recover due to the choking incident.
    Leading up to and in the wake of his wife's death and the conservator hearings, the substance abuse and mental issues were widely reported.

Witchy Woman likes this.
  16. Witchy Woman

Vince performs his 2003 single Next Big Thing with the Eagles

17. I would agree especially since JD co-wrote a fair amount of material with Henley and Frey but he doesn’t strike me as a band person any longer. Perhaps his experience with Furay-Souther and Hillman turned him off to the whole experience. Given (as mentioned above) his concerns mentioned above, I’m not surprise though. jD May have been asked for all we know.

18. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

where's that pic from ?

19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It's a hunch, but maybe JD Souther represented a sound or image the Eagles didn't want to go back to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.