Vince Guaraldi - Charlie Brown Xmas Deluxe 4cd + Bluray

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cincyjim, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

A version with the actual film on Blu Ray would have been perfect. The ultimate edition!!

2. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

True. But as others have argued, the ultimate version will have to include the animated Coca-Cola sponsor elements. Heck, someone should just RECREATE those in a quality to match the main program if the original elements are too damaged. In this day and age, that would likely be very easy and inexpensive to do.

musicfan37 likes this.
  3. Ten Years Gone

Ten Years Gone Forum Resident

Wish the deluxe CD edition wasn’t housed in that awful cardboard wallet-style packaging.

4. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I understand your frustration but this is limited to 750 copies so you can sell it to someone looking for this exclusive.

5. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

A documentary or a mockumentary?
    Great to see anyway.

6. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    Michael Macrone and yasujiro like this.
  7. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

Lee Mendelson on Vince Guaraldi & "A Charlie Brown Christmas" - TelevisionAcademy.com/Interviews

8. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

It's too bad the documentary about him called "The Anatomy of Vince Guaraldi" was never released to the public.
    I have it and it's very interesting. A lot of cool footage and interviews.

9. Xander2017

Xander2017 Forum Resident

10. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

2022 stereo mix of O Tannenbaum

g.z., Ryan Lux, Mattb and 4 others like this.
  11. Pelvis Ressley

Pelvis Ressley Down in the Jungle Room

A complete version from a color print is on Internet Archive.

12. Pelvis Ressley

Link to 1965 print with Coca-Cola bits intact:

izgoblin, kouzie and domesticmachine like this.
  13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

For whatever reason, Internet Archive links try to embed in the page just like Youtube, and the forum doesn't seem to know what to do with it. Link to the entire collection.

14. Pelvis Ressley

Thank you!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

Also quietly uploaded recently is take 8 of “The Christmas Song”, being touted as “the only solo piano take” Guaraldi made of the song:

EricSwan, kenbefound, boggs and 9 others like this.
  16. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Online resellers have changed their release date to December 2. I got in touch with Craft Records as to whether the release date had indeed changed and this is the reply I just received:

I did double check and that is the current date we still have for that album. We don't have any control over what resellers are listing the date for. Ours will ship as soon as they come in.

17. EricSwan

EricSwan Forum Resident

Amazon also updated the release date to December 2….Rats!

This set cannot come soon enough.

18. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I'm going to give Craft a chance and will pre-order with them. If they do ship on October 14 it will be worth paying the extra $20. Should they change their date to December 2, I'll simply cancel and go with importCDs for the better price.

Rupe33 likes this.
  19. EricSwan

EricSwan Forum Resident

Interesting that Amazon lists November 4 for the release date of the “deluxe” single CD version (remixed soundtrack plus outtakes). If that’s accurate, I wonder if there’s an issue with authoring of the BD that is delaying the 5-disc version? Supply chain issues?

20. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

As I stated above, I received an e-mail from Craft's customer service stating that the October 14 release date for the Deluxe Set is still accurate and the other online vendors are free to choose another date to start sending out their orders. I doubt the Blu-Ray is what is causing this.

Shawn likes this.
  21. eclecticfiend

eclecticfiend wavy air aficionado

What a lovable album. I recently picked up the half analogue Horn and Suenram pressing which sounds excellent, but these remix clips have me considering getting this too if reviews for the vinyl are good. I’m also a huge fan of the two Jeff Powell cut albums I have, so I’m curious about his standard release too. Hopefully I’ll have the self control not to buy three copies of the same album in one Christmas season, or hopefully I don’t…

22. granola

granola Forum Resident

Vince Guaraldi - Christmas Is Coming (2022 Stereo Mix)

23. zonka

zonka Forum Resident

I think Craft's site now even says Dec. 2nd....such a bummer, if true. I want this in October! :)

Mesozoic Mike, Shawn and Rupe33 like this.
  24. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Indeed, I received a confirmation from their customer service comfirming this.

25. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

I can see why they pushed it back to December. They probably don't want it competing with the Great Pumpkin soundtrack or the upcoming Orpheus reissue. If these all sell well enough, I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more in the future.