Vintage Pioneer - no sound

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by YoSeth, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoSeth

YoSeth Member Thread Starter

Hi everyone, first time posting here after lurking for a while. I have a Pioneer SX737 receiver that’s I really love. It had some distortion in the right channel when set to phono, so I replaced the 725 and 1313 transistors on the phono board. The results were wonderful. Since that went well, I decided to replace all the 725/726’s throughout the receiver since they are known trouble makers. Now I can’t get a sound out of it.

I double checked my replacement transistors; they all are installed correctly and I get the continuity beep when checking them with my meter. I decided to test the DC offset coming from the control amp assembly and I get 7v on the right channel and 0.4mv on the left.

This is really my first time working on a receiver but I have lots of experience soldering and whatnot. What should be my next step in finding the issue?

2. YoSeth

YoSeth Member Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that the relay doesn’t kick in after I power it up.

3. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

4. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

I would recommend you try your question at AudioKarma - they have a forum specifically dedicated to vintage Pioneer.

5. vinylkid58

vinylkid58 Forum Resident

The OP already has an active thread going over at AK. I was going to suggest the very same, but I checked first. He's working thru the issue.

jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.