Vinyl Flat international shipping

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by woodpigeon, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodpigeon

woodpigeon Forum Resident Thread Starter

I’ve sent an inquiry about shipping a Vinyl Flat and pouch to NZ, and received a reply with a shipping quote, all seems fine right up until they say they accept payment via PayPal rather than the website.

That seems a little sketchy, has anyone else ordered one of these outside the USA and paid via PayPal?

Just want to check this is actually the Vinyl Flat people I’ve received correspondence from now.

2. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

When I purchased replacement parts for my Vinyl Flat to ship to Canada, I had to use PayPal myself. No problems whatsoever.

woodpigeon likes this.
  3. I think their site is built for domestic US customers. It says to contact them for shipping outside the US. Likely paypal is the only way to go internationally.

E.Baba and woodpigeon like this.
  4. caracallac

caracallac Forum Resident

Whenever I’m unsure about an online seller I use PayPal. It’s the safest way for both ends of the transaction. Use it with confidence is my opinion.

woodpigeon likes this.
  5. eltigreferoz

eltigreferoz Forum Resident

Totally safe, totally legit. You will like the vinyl flat.

woodpigeon likes this.
  6. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

A lot of sites divert you to Paypal to make payments that is not unusual, just never send money "as a friend" unless you know the person it has to be always as "purchase".

7. woodpigeon

Thanks very much all, pleased to hear it’s safe.

caracallac likes this.
  8. woodpigeon

…and looking forward to nice flat records! :D

9. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

If the payment link is within the e-mail they've sent you then you're fine. You initiated contact and they forwarded the billing. I done buying spare parts from other audio related companies. PayPal simplifies things. The alternative is that you send a certified check and they wait for it be delivered then cashed before it's sent out. Paypal eliminates their need for using credit cards. PayPal is akin to a cash transfer. Accepting a credit card would require a lot of infrastructure that isn't worth the bother of smaller sellers. If you want to use a credit card, that's between you and PayPal. This solves the problem that the seller don't need separate accounts with MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discovery.

woodpigeon likes this.
  10. woodpigeon

Is anyone familiar with the mains power requirement of the Groovy Pouch?

I’m looking for a suitable step down transformer from NZ 240V supply to US 110V. And am not sure how many watts are required.

11. woodpigeon

(Answers own question: 150W)

12. scarfaceclaw

scarfaceclaw Forum Resident

Hey @woodpigeon, did you end up ordering?
    How are you going with using the pouch and step down transformer?

13. woodpigeon

Yep it’s fine. Shipping was quick enough given the pandemic. I got a transformer fairly cheaply from Jaycar.

The Vinyl Flat and pouch work nicely. Some records seem to return to their warped shape eventually after flattening.

scarfaceclaw likes this.
  14. scarfaceclaw

scarfaceclaw Forum Resident

Nice one, cheers.
    Hmm doesn't sound so promising about the ones that revert to their warped state though - have you repeated the process with any of them?

15. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Some flatten better than others.

16. woodpigeon

I’ve done maybe 5-6. One in particular seems to warp again after a while. The others are fine. Maybe it depends on the record.

scarfaceclaw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.