Vinyl Lovers Record label

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Diorama, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diorama

Diorama Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone have any vinyl from Vinyl Lovers?

Just wondering the quality and where they are sourced from.

Maybe they are just another DOL.

Thanks

2. heyday2day

heyday2day Forum Resident

I just did a search on the label and this thread with no responses is all I can really come up with. I've learned that they are a Russian outfit and that's about it. I own a 2LP Reissue that they did for The Who's Sell Out (a vinyl release of the 1995 digital release) as well as an obscure psych album by a band called Hunger, the title of that is Strictly From Hunger. As far as quality goes, the reissue of Sell Out is the best sounding vinyl version that I've heard (and I own a bunch) but I've also heard rumor that they are the same cats behind the Four Men With Beards label. I picked up a few Four Men releases a few years ago and they were crap. Still, Sell Out sounds great.

3. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

'Orrible grey area label. Sublabel of Lilith. Some of their releases are blocked in the Discogs market. Some of them were pressed at GZ. All of them have nice glossy covers, often gatefold but they come from unidentified digital sources.

I also have "The Who Sell Out" which I kept because of the remix and the extras.

black sheriff and klockwerk like this.
  4. pez

pez Forum Resident

I’ve just got Champion Jack Dupree - Music from the Gutter (2017) . Whilst the vinyl itself is seemingly top quality and really quiet, the quality of the sound is not as good as the CD I have of this. Still, it’s nice to have it on record and it’s definitely playable. Plus it was only £12

5. pez

pez Forum Resident

Blues from the gutter,It’s a DMM direct metal mastering.. I plan to get an early pressing at some point to compare. This is one of my top 5 blues albums and definitely the best Champion Jack Dupree album. I absolutely love it.

6. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.