Vinyl Me Please - VMP - Flash Sale - 48 Hour Record of the Month - Up to 50% Off

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DigMyGroove, Jun 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

Vinyl Me Please (VMP), just announce a 48 hour Flash Sale of up to 50% off past Record of the Month releases. Of course you must be a subscriber in order to purchase. I've been a member for several years and highly recommend VMP.

Summer Solstice Sale

2. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Thanks!

Of course the one that I really want (Lyle Lovett) isn't on sale.

3. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident Thread Starter

Too new a release I guess (and it's a good one!)

kouzie and Swordsandchains like this.
  4. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

I've always toyed with the idea of becoming a subscriber. Their Sigur Ros double LP is calling my name.

I have to ask, are a lot of the albums actually 50% off for members? Or just a couple for the sales pitch?

5. glide

glide Forum Resident

It’s just a couple for the sale.

And most are titles at inflated prices that have been kicking around in inventory for quite some time.

throwupmyhands and GentleSenator like this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they're trying everything they can to unload those torres LPs, except for you know, actually discounting the price to something reasonable.

marcb and hutlock like this.
  7. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, VMP is constantly being mocked for there overpricing.. You can almost always rely on them having the most expensive variant of a release.. I used to really like them but they've become kind of a joke imo.. They still do release some great stuff here and there even if I personally wouldn't sign up for any of it.

I'd also check ebay/discogs/amazon etc. for a lot of those releases they have "on sale" and you'll quickly find out why they are since they're available all over for dirt cheap without paying $50 a month subscription to get the priviledge.

glide, Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  8. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

So what was 50% off?

9. glide

glide Forum Resident

Queen Latifah

10. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Sale is still on. Just click the link to see the titles.
    I already have the two I care about from the list; John Prine and Gram Parsons. Both worthy if you don't have them already.
    I'm in the camp that doesn't bother much with VMP, although I joined long enough to grab the two mentioned.
    Overall, their business model and choices to reissue don't really speak to me..

Swordsandchains likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.