Vocalion July Quad SACDs: Poco, Johnnie Taylor, Airto & Deodato, plus Angela Bofill in stereo*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bodhisattva, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wish they had enough orders to justify a warehouse in the U.S. hate waiting for international deliveries!

JDeanB likes this.
  2. I’m also hoping that we get some doobies multi channel releases.

JDeanB and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  3. Pretty nice collection.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

My order (Johnnie Taylor and the older Euphrates River SACD) finally arrived yesterday and I'm just now getting a chance to enjoy them. Just what the doctor ordered. Great quad mixes, and wonderful soul/R&B, very welcome additions to my SACD collection. I don't miss that center channel at all.

5. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I guess so, but with 99.9% of old and new releases unavailable on SACD I'd rather have some artists/titles that were previously unavailable.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  6. And the SQ is really nice too!

JDeanB likes this.
  7. fredblue

fredblue Surrounded by Music

an announcement regarding that is said to be coming soon!

8. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

Totally agree. I placed my order on 7/1 and still haven't received it..

9. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I ordered through Amazon on July 24th and received today. I love these albums. Could not be more pleased.

fredblue likes this.
  10. Has everyone received their Poco disc? I placed my order on July 2 and still don’t have it. I contacted customer service and they say they’re sending me another.

11. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I hope you all get your discs soon. Very pleased with mine. Just got the new shm cds of Indian Summer and Rose Of Cimarron and am in Poco heaven. 1974-1977 is my favorite era of the band
    Although Paul and Rusty have taken a few pot shots at Tim over the years, these four guys (including George, of course) were such a great combination of talent. I fondly remember the days when there would be at least one new album from them a year.

12. Instant Karma

I placed my order on July 1 and still don't have it. Contacted Simon and he said to give it till today and if still not received will send me another one.

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  13. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I guess I'll have to send them an email. My Poco disc is apparently lost.

14. :( DISLIKE!

clhboa likes this.
  15. I ordered one on July 2 and it never arrived. I emailed them and they sent me a 2nd copy. It arrived from the UK to US in 8 Days.

fredblue and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  16. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

A friend of mine ordered a Guess Who disc around the same time I ordered the Poco. His was lost and a replacement sent. Just sent them a email.

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  17. There is obviously a SACD-loving thief in US Customs.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  18. Instant Karma

I feel bad for Vocalion. These SACD's are reasonably priced and they have had to replace quite a few. I'm sure they are not happy about this. Their customer service has been great from my personal experience and what others have said in previous threads though. I will be ordering more titles from them in the future.

19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

It is quite possible that those in the US who haven't received their SACDs from Vocalion will receive them in the future. They may just be held up in Customs, etc. I have had similar issues with Amazon from the UK - where an item never shows up, they resend to me - and the re-ship arrives, and then a week or two later the original shipment shows up. I'm not saying this is what happened with the Vocalion discs, but it is a possibility.

kenbefound likes this.
  20. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Yes, that sounds correct. There must have been some change because I used to consistently get UK packages very quickly then all of a sudden a good percentage now take weeks if not months to arrive.

21. Instant Karma

I recently ordered a cd directly from a UK vendor and it took about 2 weeks to arrive. So it seems that there is some inconsistency with packages shipped from overseas unless the issue is somehow tied to Amazon orders. I kind of doubt that though.

22. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

My Poco ordered on June 29 never arrived, finally emailed them and they are sending a replacement. Something screwy happened that week since so many of us are reporting orders in that time frame never got here. I suspect they will eventually due so some crazy customs snafu or something.

23. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Please be advised that ordering doobies from overseas may cause some serious delays and potential Customs issues... ;)

wayneklein and Quark like this.
  24. back2vinyl

back2vinyl Forum Resident

I'm a UK customer and my last order never arrived, together with another UK forum member who ordered on the same day. So it's not just overseas customers. It looks as if Dutton has a serious problem with shipping.

Steve Martin likes this.
  25. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

My "Guess Who" arrived from Chech republic, not from UK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.