Vocalion July Quad SACDs: Poco, Johnnie Taylor, Airto & Deodato, plus Angela Bofill in stereo*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bodhisattva, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

My Poco arrived! Long time to get to Canasa but it made it.

2. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

as long as the correct papers are used there should be no problem

gregorya likes this.
  3. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Got an email today that they are going to send a replacement copy of the Poco disc that never arrived.

fredblue, JDeanB and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  4. Instant Karma

Instant Karma Forum Resident

I received my replacement cd today. It was mailed from the UK on 8/13. Now to listen to it. Can't wait!

fredblue, JDeanB and Haggis Wampovich like this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Just bought the Poco - Cantamus & Seven SACD direct from DV. Incredible deal for two albums in quad!

6. Instant Karma

Believe it or not the original cd appeared in my mail today. It was sent from the UK on 7/2 and appears to have a Canada postmark. Anyone else receive their original order from early July that was presumably lost?

7. Delivery times certainly do vary but it's sometimes customs that causes the delay. I ordered a couple of SACD's from them at the beginning of January. I sent them an email in mid-March asking where they were. They immediately apologized and sent me replacement disks. So naturally the original order showed up a week later. They appear to have had a long stay in customs for some reason.

8. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

They are using low priority mail. I always allow 28 days for delivery.

9. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Mine (shipped on 6/29) arrived today. It shipped from Germany via Deutsche Post and was put in my mailbox buy a guy in an unmarked white pick up truck. I suspect he drove it here from Germany.

10. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Mine took 54 days.

11. Instant Karma

Mine came through the USPS. As I said previously it had a Canada postmark though. I offered to send the duplicate copy to someone who’s ordered it in the US on behalf of Vocalion. Seems only fair. These titles are very reasonably priced and they must have a relatively small profit margin.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  12. Typically an item is lost if it takes over six weeks to arrive in the United States from the UK, even with slow shipping. What's strange is that transatlantic shipping speeds are often much better in the summer months. Order around the Christmas holidays and nothing comes much quicker than a month to the States.

If it is any consolation, two separate UK orders I made back in late June from Rarewaves were declared lost and have never shown up. Something unusual must have been occurring around that timeframe.

13. Instant Karma

I just listened to the quad mix of Poco and WOW. If anyone is on the fence about this release, leap off and put your order in. Wait till you hear Granthams drums on Seven. Especially Drivin Wheel. Highly recommend especially for the price.

fredblue, Bill Mac, allbrosca and 3 others like this.
  14. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

After waiting for over a month for my disc I asked for a replacement and it came about a week later. Today another one shows up. Guess I'll send it back.

Bill Mac likes this.
  15. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'd been getting used to new releases every month or so...now I'm stalled at waiting for others to ask, "Is it shipped?", for weeks at a time. Hope they're whiling away the hours making deals for more great quad classics while holding their tongues.

kenbefound likes this.
  16. Instant Karma

That's exactly what happened to me. I was in touch with Vocalion by email about the extra one and they advised me to mark it unwanted and ship it back to them. Preferably unopened. That's what I did.

Bill Mac and clhboa like this.
  17. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Yes, that is what I was going to do. Learned from the Record Club Days that if you didn't open it you could send it back for free.

Bill Mac likes this.
  18. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I ordered the Poco DV SACD about a week ago. Not to worried about the timeframe of its arrival but hope it doesn't get lost. Seems like an unusual amount of times that has happened unfortunately. I really respect those that got the originally ordered copy after receiving the replacement for their honesty. It's great to see that and if returned to DV it helps so they don't lose additional money due to shipping errors.

19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Are we do for another round of Pop /Rock or Country or R&B titles about now?
    I know there was a round not to long ago, after the Poco stuff, but it's about time I think for some more rock & roll. Last batch was D/V traditional right.

Hep Alien likes this.
  20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

If I were a betting man, I am inclined to say no if only because of the other recent thread that indicated that Sony is no longer licensing its material to other companies for reissues and Vocalion seemed to mostly be releasing titles controlled by Sony.

21. They’re idiots at Sony. These are resources they haven’t used and probably won’t use. Why leave assets sitting there when you actually can get product out there. I’m on a Sony ban! They have customers and they don’t feel it’s worthwhile to service, give it to someone else!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I'm hearing quadraphonic rumblings that it is not all licensing. The larger labels with substantial business and many tiles are not being cut off. MFSL or AP are fine, and I expect D/V is not being interrupted at this time. And Bear Family should be ok too.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  23. bluerondo

bluerondo Forum Resident

I too bought the Poco Seven/Cantamos quad, and BOY is it ever great!!! By the way folks, be sure and check Grooves Land for your DV purchases. I bought the two Weather Report quads and an Art Garfunkel quad from them at several dollars cheaper than from DV. The price seems varies by title. Also, I’d love love love to see a Poco Deliverin/Crazy Eyes quad release from DV too. Come to think of it, add Loggins and Messina Motherlode to that list.

24. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Only one WR was in quad. 'Night Passages'-stereo only.

25. bluerondo

bluerondo Forum Resident

Yeah, I know. I did forget to mention that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.