Walking Dead on AMC (part 3)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Well.....actually.......people also BOND and Cooperate because doing so usually increases the chances of survival.
    And I don't know about where you live but where I live , a power outage does not bring out uncivilized behavior but friends,family and neighbors checking to see if everyone is ok.
    Oh yeah....you can have my last can of beans.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Andrew Lincoln did a recent interview suggesting that this event has Rick concerned that Carl is drifting towards being a sociopath, so I do not think the show is intentionally trying to dramatize that Carl is emerging as the de facto leader of the group. I think it is an example of thematic bungling in terms of the way the show staged the scene. Ambiguity is cool in drama and literature except when you are trying not to be ambiguous. :)

IronWaffle likes this.
  3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Speaking of "trigger happy", Conan O'Brien runs into some familiar faces in Atlanta:

stumpy and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  4. Steve in Omaha

Steve in Omaha Never kissed a bear, never kissed a goon

And here's a deleted scene from the S3 finale:

[​IMG]

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

well in the real world it happens often.

6. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Great book! I'm using it in a class now for a research project with my students. (My wife's relatives used to live in the Garden City/Holcomb area. Visited there a few years ago and saw the the Clutter house and their graves.)

7. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I understand your point, but Carl cites at least two examples to his father when Rick should have killed and didn't -- including a mistake that leads to Lori's death. I think Carl is being realistic and the psychology is genuine.

8. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Watched it last night. Not bad but it could have been better - just don't ask me for specifics as to how! I'd have liked a little more resolution to this season'a main plot (governor) but can get why they'd like to stretch that one out...lots of potential there so why kill him off so soon after he went postal?

Didn't see any reference to this alternate end: http://articles2.mamaslatinas.com/e...riginal_walking_dead_finale_had?quick_picks=1

9. lasvidfil

lasvidfil Forum Resident

Very young Scott Wilson was also in the classic "In The Heat of the Night" . Here's the trailer with Scott at about 1:24

10. Michael

Cool! thanks...

11. Michael

I do not judge any episodes really...I'm just glad we have this quality TV to enjoy...

DesertChaos likes this.
  12. DesertChaos

You know, that's so spot on! So many of us (and I am as guilty of it at times) nit pick every detail and I think we forget that in the end it is just simple go with the flow entertainment...sheesh, you'd almost think every show was Star Trek (not that there is anything wrong with that!) but sometimes I thing the whole balance between entertainment and reality gets blurred if not totally lost.

13. Michael

I find no need to nit pick anything actually.:) It's usually all good to me...If I don't care for it... I let it be and move onto another show...

DesertChaos likes this.
  14. DesertChaos

the "off"switch...a what concept - perhaps the best invention since the wheel!

15. Michael

one of life's gifts.;)

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Herschel is less of a dead weight since they removed half his leg.

mj_patrick likes this.
  17. Michael

Cute!...maybe in physical weight.:D, but his mind weighs a ton on the groups welfare.:)

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wasn't sure if anybody is interested in this, but here's a 3 minute demo from Stargate Studios on the visual effects they did for this past season:

As knowledgeable as I am about post in general, I have to confess, some of this stuff really surprised and impressed me. WARNING: NSFW in terms of violence!

nbakid2000 likes this.
  19. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

I just caught the season 3 finale, very underwhelmed. It's like the whole season had been building up to this showdown and then it climaxed within about 3 minutes. I also felt there was no aftermath to Merle's death - Daryl didn't mention him once and acted like it had never happened. Merle had become my favourite character and I was annoyed when he died (even if I did see it coming a mile away). Nice to see Carol will make it for another season, memo to the writers - if you insist on keeping a character alive, at least have her do something interesting from time to time!

nbakid2000 likes this.
  20. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

[​IMG]

JimC likes this.
  21. Michael

excellent pic!

22. Michael

not all are front liners... someone has to stay home and hold up the fort...:D she's ready and capable.

23. Michael

thanks!

24. stumpy

stumpy Forum Resident

I know this doesn't stand much of a chance of getting answered now that the season is over, but I'll give it a shot.

When Daryl and Merle were fighting each other out in the woods by themselves - Merle ends up ripping the vest off Daryl to show what I believe were a pair of wings (same as stitched into his leather vest.) Merle seems shocked! He changes expressions and says something along the lines of, "I didn't know that he..." and he doesn't finish the sentence. I assumed at the time that they were talking about their father who at one time may have forced the two brothers into tattoos neither wanted.

Does anybody else remember this and/or anything that may help point in the direction of what Merle was seeing. I suspect they both had a bad-ass upbringing and this forced tattoo may have hammered that home. Just a matter of 5-8 seconds and woosh, not another word about it.

This is the pic that reminded me of the episode. You can see what looks like a pair of wings showing on a tat on his right shoulder under the vest. As his hair is still Walking Dead style, it may be a fake tattoo. (?)
    [​IMG]

25. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I took that scene to be that he has scars from his father beating him or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.