Walking Dead on AMC (part 3)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

he looks disheveled in real life...saw him on a TV show. What's with his hair? I do love his part in the show...

2. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Just caught up on the last two episodes. I like the tension they've been building within each episode since restarting after the break. The show seems to be pointing to the sense of purpose we saw during the first season, which remains my favorite. This is very promising.

JimC likes this.
  3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I think what they are doing well which they have not always done in past seasons is balancing the overall serialized story arcs with the obligation to provide entertaining individual hours of compelling television. Individual episodes have beginnings, middles, and ends while still feeling like they are moving towards something bigger. I would not say they are batting .1000, but this is the best season along those lines since the first one.

JimC likes this.
  4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Soo...what's with that close-up smirk on Doc Eugene's face as they start their hike with Glen? Another bat-sh!t crazy addition to the cast?

I also agree that there's no way Jeff Korber steps in for a one-off on a TV series. We'll see him again, and probably very soon.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I dunno. I am in the character development >> zombie battles camp. Heck, the episodes with tons of zombie carnage are probably, as a rule, my least favorites. But I have felt that since the show restarted (post prison), the episodes have been kind of draggy. The Carl-centric episode was the worst (demonstrate that Carl is a typical snotty teenager, use 1 hour). But all the episodes have felt larded out with draggy (poorly paced) character development. IMHO. I'm not saying it has been bad, per se, and the last episode was the best of the bunch for sure. But these new episodes aren't fully impressing me.

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I like these slower, character episodes. I agree that we don't need a zombie battle in every episode and find it fascinating learning how these people are adapting to life. I said a few weeks ago that I wondered what was going on in Washington DC, and it looks like we may find out. I haven't gotten far enough along in the comic to know where this is going.

JimC likes this.
  7. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Walking Dead Issue 53 cover

[​IMG]

8. duse

duse Senior Member

The only thing I'm going to say about the comic book, which is not a spoiler and evidenced above, is the character they got to play Eugene in the tv show is spot on to the comic book. I mean, Rick in the comic book looks nothing like Rick in the tv show. Eugene moved very robotic-like in the tv show, almost completely animatronic. Very weird.

9. Michael

I recognize him...he usually plays a heavy.

10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

It is funny how some people hate Rick so much but can't (or don't want to) see the whole show revolves around him. Almost everything that happens has a direct line to Rick even when the scenes don't have him in them....Carol back with some of the group even though Rick banished her, the psycho-in-training girl almost snuffed out Ricks kid when she was crying, etc. It's all linked to Rick...

To hate Rick is to pretty much hate the premise of the show since it's all about him, who he meets, and how he deals with this 'end of the world' scenario.

JimC and Michael like this.
  11. Michael

Brand New Promo:
    Rick and The Walking Dead...
    It's Ricks World, it's all about Rick..come watch the show and watch what Rick does every week! Slaying Zombies with such grace! Marvel at the brilliance of Rick, he's calm, cool and collected!
    No other characters can function unless Rick is in command!
    Rick! Rick! Rick!

I still can't stand him,
    Some People...

12. noname74

[​IMG]

:D

DreadPikathulhu and Michael like this.
  13. Michael

Hey! that's cool.

14. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think its that the whole cure or knowing exactly what caused this (it's classified!) is total BS. But he's pefectly happy to let the dumb GI Joe believe that and that he (the doc) must be protected as it keep him alive. So he doesn't care that they head off in another direction with Glenn looking for Maggie, as long as the soldier is protecting him.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Michael likes this.
  15. Michael

I was suspicious of that dude the moment I saw him...typical, they don't tell you what he knows....Damn! I am getting a bad feeling about this show seems to be following in the footsteps of...
    we really don't need secretive drama in Zombieland...no medals to be won other than surviving. He know how it started!, he knows how to cure it!..uh, huh.

16. DreadPikathulhu

Did Eugene shoot out the gas tanks on the truck on purpose? It sure would be an easy way to slow the trip to Washington DC, where he'd have to either put up or shut up.

Michael likes this.
  17. Michael

I just think he's inept...

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I just saw this episode last night. I didn't get to see it on Sunday, because I was finishing up my Game of Thrones season 3 marathon. After steadily losing interest in the overall course of the show, the fact that the show hasn't had much direction, I was pleasantly surprised by this most recent episode, particularly the new characters whose intention it is to go to Washington and "save the world." After watching the characters roam aimlessly with no purpose other than to survive and to find a place to settle down, it was refreshing to see some characters with some actual purpose and who could give the plot some well needed direction toward some kind of resolution. Some of the air was taken out of the balloon when they decided to follow that jackass Glenn (perhaps my least favorite character from the original group) back to find Maggie. Unfortunately, the conflict between Glenn and the leader of this new group was totally predictible. Wouldn't have been refreshing if Glenn didn't punch him? Wouldn't have been unpredictible and exciting for the course of the show, if Glenn had decided to go with the group to Washington. Of course, the writers had to take the predictible approach and have Glenn go back for Maggie. Hopefully, this new development is actually going somewhere.

19. Michael

no answer at DC...no cure, all fantasy...they're all dead! Dr? I doubt it...he's a seedy nut. I'd be doing the same thing as Glenn if it were my wife...Nothing would stop me that I could control.
    Glenn is an important character...would want him in my corner along with Michonne!

20. DreadPikathulhu

Glenn was my least-favorite character in this episode. I was hoping that they'd tie him up, gag him, and throw him in the back of the truck and keep going to Washington.

21. DreadPikathulhu

Probably. Any bets on which of the cast is the next zombie buffet? I'm betting on Beth followed by Laura Croft or whatever the new chick is called.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Laura seems to have little personality, so she can go.

The "scientist" already seems pretty questionable. Who has kiddie squabbles that start "I'm smarter than you"? Mostly people who AREN'T particularly smart.

23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I'll take Rick. Glenn has turned into a whiny little bitch ever since he hooked up with Maggie. Their relationship has partially shifted the show into soap opera land. I haven't read the comics. Maybe those who have know if there is something waiting for them in Washington, but I can't imagine that the writers don't have some kind of direction in mind for a resolution for the show. What caused this disaster and can it be stopped? These are questions that, in the 4th season, should at least begin to be pursued. Otherwise, we will continue to have them wandering and bashing, bashing and wandering. Haven't we been doing that for 3 and a half seasons? It gets a little old after awhile.

utopiarun likes this.
  24. DreadPikathulhu

I really don't want them to all end up in "Terminus" only to find out that it's not the nice place it seems to be...

I actually have almost all of the comics (bought them digitally), but I'm waaaay behind in my reading.

25. noname74

I liked the Glenn character in Season 1 when he was a bit of a loaner that had the ability to do 'runs' for food/supplies on his own quickly and without attracting zombie attention....unfortunately he's almost unrecognizable from that character profile now. I don't hate him as some people seem to on here but he is a little more of the old stand by 'I'll fight for my woman' type of character that isn't as interesting as what he originally was introduced as.

GentleSenator, Hawkeye and Encuentro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.