Walking Dead on AMC (part 3)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

Just wanted to be the 1000th poster on this subject. This is a show that my wife and I have become addicted to over the last 3 years.

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

On to part four!

3. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

And Richmond from the IT Crowd could be among them!

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  4. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

This episode was kinda meh, for lack of a better term. This episode could have been an interesting look at Daryl's origins; instead what we got made him have the depth of oh, I dunno, the squirrel he was trying to shoot at the beginning.

I can't help but find myself asking, are they saving tons of money by only featuring a few characters each episode for these past several episodes? It's becoming kind of obvious.

I will say I do think the series has been in good hands with Greg Nicotero.

JimC likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yes, us too! my wife may like it more than I do...and I like it a lot!

6. Michael

it was tedious I will say that. My wife was complaining about that as well...until they find each other we will be getting the same every week...if I enjoy the character I can enjoy a solo performance. The young blonde brat is very annoying.

7. Michael

43 on my DVDr?. How long is the show exactly without commercials?

8. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Then the question is, from earlier in the thread, did they dig a grave for her then? I don't remember that happening.

Michael likes this.
  9. Michael

beats me? does not ring a bell...

10. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Sure, I'd be looking for protection, but Maggie would be one of the first things on my mind if I were lucky enough to wake up every day.:angel:

Michael likes this.
  11. Michael

yes, she has a lot to offer...a nice package.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Almost all American network dramas are 43 minutes without commercials. Through the 1980s, the normal run time was about 47 minutes, but this has gradually eroded about 10% over the past 25 years due to network promos and more commercials. Some pay TV and foreign shows (like Downton Abbey and Boardwalk Empire) have sometimes received special dispensation and will do a 55-minute or even a 65-minute long show. I believe Mad Men and Breaking Bad have done this on a few occasions, too. But normal network shows are generally stuck at 43 minutes.

I was just rounding off saying "45 minutes," but the truth is that it's right around 43 and change, with credits but without promos. It's a toss-up as to whether you include the "previously on" promo and the "next on" trailer material, but I would generally omit those.

13. Michael

Ok, cool..I thought I may be missing a few minutes.

14. Geoff

Geoff Senior Member

Unlike virtually everyone else I've spoken to, I really liked that episode. Mega bonus points for the Mountain Goats track at the end - given the subject of the album it is from (The Sunset Tree, largely about John Darnielle's growing up with an abusive step father) I thought it tied in really nicely with Daryl's story, more than just as bunch of appropriate lyrics chucked in for the end of the episode.

xdawg, Hawkeye and JimC like this.
  15. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.