Walking Dead on AMC (part 3)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

THIS SUNDAY OCTOBER 13th...THE WALKING DEAD RETURNS!

DesertChaos likes this.
  2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

This show has extremely poor writing, so that's not the only plot hole or unbelievable thing the characters do.

3. Michael

IMO, they can do what ever they want in this fantasy world of theirs all rules are left at the door...when Zombies do to come to fruition please make sure you write some copy that you feel is pertinent to the times at hand.:)...Me? I'll be locking and loading and blowing their F'n heads off.:D

4. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

I'm far less eager for this season to start than I was last time around. I'll watch, but with decidedly modest expectations.

5. Michael

IMO, the show improved with each season...I'm looking forward to tonight!

JimC likes this.
  6. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Sorry but when I read comments like this I just can't them seriously at all.

7. nbakid2000

Dude, the plot holes and illogical things the characters do have been discussed to death here. If you haven't noticed the plot holes or illogical actions of the characters or don't think they're products of bad writing, then I can't help you. Enjoy in blissful unawareness.

8. SonOfAlerik

We are talking about a show dealing with zombies and we are going to nitpick about illogical things the characters have done? I will just enjoy the show because I know it is just that. An entertaining show. And it does have some of the best writing in my opinion. I guess I am alone and no one else enjoys it. LOL

I challenge anyone to name any fictional drama show that doesn't have illogical things and plot holes.

9. nbakid2000

Zombies are science. Illogical things that characters do that make no sense and that would never happen in real life are not. (I'm willing to accept zombies. Not stupid decisions)

10. SonOfAlerik

Zombies are science? LOL okay then.

Well when the dead rise from the grave we shall see how people actually act and react then. Just remember this thread then so we can compare notes.

11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

What did everyone think of the premier? I'm not a big fan of the soap opera stuff. The end was interesting. Is there another way that the zombie virus is transmitted? Is the virus evolving?

12. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Everybody has the virus. If you die by any means, you become a zombie.

I'm not a fan of the soap opera stuff either. The Glenn/Maggie scenes were boring. Other than that, a nice start to the season.

13. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

As a season opener I thought it was on the slow side...it just seemed like one of those "mid-season lets get something out until the next good one, but toss in a decent tease" episodes.

chumlie likes this.
  14. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

You're right. I didn't phrase the question correctly. Everybody has the virus, but it remains dormant until you die or are bitten. It doesn't appear that the kid who turned at the end had been bitten. We don't know for sure, but it seems to have been implied that there is another way to turn. Perhaps the virus is evolving.

artfromtex likes this.
  15. SonOfAlerik

It takes place 6 months after the last season. So it is a set up of what is going on and makes you feel comfortable with the characters. I enjoy watching a show where you care about the characters. It was a good start.

16. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Furthermore, I think it's a safe bet that the pig being sick is connected to the kid turning at the end.

artfromtex and JimC like this.
  17. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Yeah I get that. Still as a season opener I expect something a little more enticing for the upcoming season than what this offered. Heck, I'm in for the long haul anyway so will be watching but as a season premier I think it was not as good as other seasons.

JimC likes this.
  18. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Spoiler alert!

The scene where the woman was leading Rick to her "walker" husband so she could feed Rick to him, was one of the most treacherous and horrific concepts I've seen in any zombie movie. Completely original, this scene deserves special recognition.

JimC likes this.
  19. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

It appears that they're suggesting that the "virus" is evolving and you no longer need to be bit to die. Something in the water?

I noticed that Rick kept staring at the one zombie at the fence who looked like he had fresh blood streaming from his eyes. Then the kid that died at the end was bleeding from the mouth and nose. The same kid that Daryl shook hands with while he was eating.

Then poor Violet.....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  20. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Was that kid supposed to be a "hipster"?

21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

SPOILER:

Come on - the premier had zombies falling through the ceiling and exploding on impact. I'm no zombie-genre aficionado, but I thought that whole segment was pretty original.

As for the kid at the end, he was sick from something that was likely not a zombie-induced wound (nauseated, burning up with fever, sweating so much he was leaving footprints heading to the shower). Perhaps it's just the beginning of a sickness outbreak unrelated to the zombie virus. They haven't explored the "what if" of a post-zombie flu outbreak and how devastating that could be with limited medication and treatment options. I agree that the dead pig is at the heart of it (swine flu virus?).

Pretty decent premier, and the segment with the woman luring Rick back to her camp to feed him to her zombified hubby was pretty powerful.

agentalbert and Hawkeye like this.
  22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Excellent observations, all.

23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I thought it was a great start to the season. I do find the Glen and Maggie relationship a little boring but it didn't take up much time so it was no biggie for me. I love how Darryl is something of a popular celebrity with the other 'citizens' when his character began being much more comfortable alone in the woods hunting a deer.

24. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I loved the whole "undercover cop" discussion.

25. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

That lady really gave me the creeps. That scene was exactly as you described, and important to show us how much things have deteriorated since all this began. Truly horrifying scene.

JimC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.