Walking Dead on AMC (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yeo, that's what I meant by going the extra mile!

JimC likes this.
  2. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I think you're right. She knows, but it is surprising that she'd leave the area without knowing Beth's fate.

I have a theory about Glen and Maggie leaving: of course, Glen made the promise, but didn't they seem removed from Rick's hand-to-hand carnage in the church? They might have been shooters; however, I noticed they were clearly shown to be back from the fight and perhaps shocked at what takes place. Maybe at that point they are happy to leave Rick. They didn't put up a fight.

Finally, the Terminus group reminds me of the Others in Lost -- (especially their cabin, security perimeter, darkness stalking) -- definitely more extreme but Gareth had some Ben Linus qualities, just not his ability to stay three moves ahead most of the time.

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

yes, sadly!, but this ain't no LOST! thank heavens! LOST couldn't dream of being this entertaining. INDEED

4. Michael

it's Carol...

5. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I think it's Carol, but it's got to be something more.

6. Michael

something more. I hope I am wrong...Carol is an excellent character as well.

7. Hagstrom

What if Morgan or someone else is holding a gun to her head and is making Darryl lead them to the church? Something like, "Take me to your leader!"

DeeThomaz likes this.
  8. JimC

JimC Senior Member

To each his own. I still like Lost more. The most engaging TV show I've ever experienced. This has something to do with how the show became a family event for us. Part of our mythology now -- which was inevitable since we live at house # 815. :cool:

jon9091 and Michael like this.
  9. Michael

that's cool! but, i was speaking strictly for us...we hated the ending and felt cheated out of 6 years of nonsense! I watched the show for my wife as she wanted me to watch it with her...She loves "Once Upon A Time" but I refused to watch that with her due to the involvement of the writers of LOST! fool me once and not again for me...

Mazzy and JimC like this.
  10. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Ladies and gentlemen, we may have a winner. Great theory.

Lownote30 and DeeThomaz like this.
  11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Yes, confirmed!

12. Michael

13. rogerdodger

rogerdodger Well-Known Member

Not sure whether it's bad storytelling, bad direction or just plain bad acting (and WD is always chokeful of those anyway), but why is Maggie not eager to find her missing sister, Beth? There's absolutely no hint of sadness or concern in her expression or actions at all after loosing her father and sister; Maybe all she need is Glen by her side and to hell with the no good bratty sister of hers!

14. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

Poor Bob-B-Q! It's kinda sad, I didn't think much of his character until his last scene which was his best one.

I would have liked to have seen what would have further happened with the results of eating tainted meat. Although I get the impression it had already made them desperate enough to bust into the church like that.

I expected Rick to make good on his promise, it just happened a lot sooner than I expected, so that was good for unpredictability's sake.

So far this has been a good season, I liked it much better than last where they went through that string of episodes where they'd only focus on a couple characters per episode.

EVOLVIST and Michael like this.
  15. Michael

like it or not most of the rules in this world are not applicable in theirs...hard not to interject ours into theirs...survival is on their mind. No Cops, trials, courts, PC Police...the less we see of her the better...IMO.

16. Michael

it would have been a real drag had those leg munchin' pieces of S&&t had stuck around.

17. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I still think it's Beth Daryl is talking to but she's whacked out or something.

Bob went out with a smile.

Any bets on how far the bus gets w/o problems? I'm guessing less than 50 miles.

18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

They made a point of showing the window glass cracking on that school full of walkers. Since nothing happened during the episode, I bet it all hits the fan on 11/2, and I predict many land mine explosions featuring raining walker parts.

19. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

But Abe said he'd fixed it!

I hope he packed his tool kit.

20. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Didn't one of the previews show the bus overturning due to an explosion? Maybe a land mine.

21. Hagstrom

Beth is in the hospital.

22. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to drive a huge yellow school bus down a major highway on their way to Washington. They'd be better off finding some horses.

Lownote30 likes this.
  23. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Those scenes could be a flashback as to what happened to her while she was gone. They like doing the flashback thing on this show.

Hawklord likes this.
  24. Hagstrom

I thought about a flashback too, then I saw both the upcoming trailers for the next episode.

25. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

What was the deal with the leader saying it was a cosmic so and so for Bob to be out there? Was that just him babbling at Bob or did I miss something?

Also, no mention of the dead girls that Carol was watching over with Tyrese. No one's at all worried about the missing kids in the group including Beth.

Also, I noticed in a lot of the shots at the church weren't consistent. Characters would randomly disappear from the church and then reappear. Mullet Man wasn't even in the shots until like halfway or 3/4 through the episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.