Walking Dead on AMC (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

In think the "safe" characters are Rick, Carl, Daryl, Michonne, and Glenn. We've already had plenty of major losses this season, so maybe they'll all make it to next season intact.

Michael likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

I agree on the above group...so you feel Maggie & Carol aren't safe?

3. DreadPikathulhu

I don't think Carol is safe at all. I am neutral about Maggie.

4. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I don't believe that Maggie is safe. Carol, I'm not sure. I believe she's safer than Maggie, certainly. Carol is one of the toughest of the bunch if not the toughest. Amazing considering where she came from. She was so timid in the first couple of seasons. She has really grown, more so than any other character in my opinion. However, it's the writers than control all of their destinies.

5. Michael

I feel the opposite Carol is safe Maggie is not...love the way they showed her listening to the rat preacher preach of their evilness! LOL!

6. Michael

LOL! I just posted the same thing before I read your post!

Encuentro likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

Tara is the next to go. Who even remembers which one she is?

8. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

She's the lesbian.

9. Michael

yes...

10. DreadPikathulhu

I could be wrong, of course. I thought Noah was going to be around for a long time once he took the position as the architects understudy.

Mr. H likes this.
  11. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I was very surprised by his death. I felt like we were just getting to know him.

Mr. H and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  12. DreadPikathulhu

Now that they've got the Alexandria citizens to play with, it's time to start thinning the cast for next season.

Oh, and I change my previous prediction. The Reverend will get it before the end of this season. When he slithered out under the church a few episodes ago I thought he was going to get it, but then they seemed to redeem the character. He's too much of a weasel now.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

There's one major character who's already been killed off in the comic book, but I won't reveal the spoiler. It's pretty obvious who it's gonna be. Another character has a pretty severe injury, but...
    :hide:

And before anybody yells at me, remember that the producers are changing up quite a bit of stuff, so there are people who are dead in the comic and alive in the show and vice-versa. It's a very good question as to what they'll do, which new characters will come in, which old ones will go, and where they're headed.

BTW, how the hell are they keeping the water running in this town? Where's the water-processing plant, the filtration, the electric pumps, sewage treatment, and all that stuff?

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Yeah,I kind of think the show really diverted from the comic at this point.If the thing you mentioned from the comic happens the comic reference probably can`t be shown on TV in full view.But then watching The walking Dead on the computer,i got hooked up with a link to Mexican drug cartel murders.Sadly I discovered how The Trough scene originated from real life.

15. DreadPikathulhu

They mentioned when they first visits Alexandria that the town was self-sustaining. We know they have some sort of solar power setup. If they had a water tower they would only need to power a pump to fill it and that would supply pressure for the whole town. You'd have to assume they had electric water heaters, because gas would need to be refilled. Sewage could be handled with a septic tank. They might have wells.

16. DreadPikathulhu

It would be pointless to have what happened in the comic happen in the show. It already happened with the governor and Hershel.

Vidiot likes this.
  17. Michael

yes, that surprised me as well..

18. Michael

they could be on septic tanks for the sewage...generators for the electricity...the rest I guess we'll see? BUT It's TV where there's always a way.

Vidiot likes this.
  19. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Didn't they specifically mention the sewage when the group first arrived, I can't remember specifics, but I think they had something more sophisticated that septic tanks, perhaps they have an area of plant beds for natural filtration, but I'm guessing there are many green options these days. I don't remember if they mentioned the water supply, but they have electricty so they have options to pump and purify groundwater and also supply the houses at a reasonable pressure, basically if you have a functioning power grid it makes everything else easier.

I'm quite surpised by how fast things are moving along, quite a contrast to when they were on the farm, next week is going to be interesting. I don't think anyone has mentioned how many people already lived there, are Rick's group hugely outnumbered or is the community actually quite small?

Vidiot likes this.
  20. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Maggie has seemed fairly peripheral in this season.

21. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Yes. I understand the electricity. But where is all the water coming from?

22. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

I'm not going to lie, as a viewer, I needed an episode with some action and a further push towards whatever will come at the season finale. I was surprised that Noah died but his death is not in vain as Glenn is now pissed and hopefully will regain his role as a forceful character. Ever since he decided to part ways with the group with Maggie on that bus I feel like he hasn't been the same. For a while he was in a leadership role with Rick but this has fallen out. I'm thinking he is going to go back to the town and whatever tack he takes will help set other events in motion.

Also, super gory deaths--almost too much.

Mr. H and Vidiot like this.
  23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I'll yell at you.

PLEASE STOP SHARING WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE COMIC BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't want to hear it. Full stop.

Posts like this are ruining the discussion of the show itself. Nobody CARES if you've already read the comics. Please post your comic related comments in the other thread, which has been linked previously in this thread, and is intended for those who've read the comics so they can compare/contract the two.

This thread is only for the tv show and discussion about it. We don't want discussion/comparison to the comics here.

vegafleet, Rufus McDufus and Craig like this.
  24. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Awesome episode. Things are finally picking up. Lot's of intrigue and unanswered questions. But I'm still wondering where Morgan is and when he's going to show up. The group took off by car from the church and if Morgan is on foot, he would have no idea where they are by now. On another note, that two face preacher who locked out his own congregation has the audacity to say that Rick is evil. They saved his ass when he was stuck on that rock in the middle of the forest. I saw Glenn's wife overhear what he was saying. Hopefully she'll tell Rick sooner than later.

mikeyt likes this.
  25. subzro

subzro Forum Resident

Yes, this, please!!
    Vidiot doesn't understand how annoying his useless comic updates are. Like a sports ticker on tv showing scores of games we don't want to know yet. If we wanted to, a quick google search could tell us all we need to know. But here we can't avoid it, and the same person reminds us 736 times that they are a comic expert. We give zero phux!

Then we get the cute disclaimer that "well, the tv show might change things" as if that weren't entry level common sense.

vegafleet and Scotian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.