Walking Dead on AMC (Part 5)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

or toasting the body parts of the Alexandria residents….they seem to be the opposites of the Terminus cannibals

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Actually, I'd prefer the season end on a low key note instead of some epic disaster where Alexandra is in flames, the zombies are overrunning the walls, and Rick is cradling Michonne's bloody corpse in his arms. (None of this happens in the comic, BTW)

Remember last summer, where we speculated how long they'd spend in that box car or dealing with Terminus and ended up being completely wrong thanks to Carol and her magic arrows of boom?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    mikeyt likes this.
  3. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Don't tell us that! Now we know what doesn't happen in the comic!

peter fuller, Hawklord and mikeyt like this.
  4. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

So in other words you didn't learn a thing. One of those things doesn't happen until a long time into the future, one was supposed to happen a long time ago, and the other could have happened a long time ago or a long time in the future depending on the character. In other words: the TV series isn't the comic series so knowing about one doesn't mean a Damned thing about the other.

As far as knowing a major character will die soon, is it also a spoiler that the season finale is coming up?

JimC and Vidiot like this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

Or maybe they're going to do just that because it doesn't happen in the comic and will surprise everybody!

6. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Unless he's lying. But he's not lying.

Or is he?

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

So if we talk about what happens or doesn't happen in the comic, we spoil everything for the TV viewers, because they don't know if we're lying, telling the truth, or if the writers are going to subvert everybody and completely change the story around.

It's so much simpler in the Game of Thrones discussion, where the book readers know everything that's coming and they can just sit there smugly because they already know what happens at the wedding.

8. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Wedding? :shh:

:winkgrin:

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Wait till you see what happens in Alexandria! (Actually, I have no idea, since I haven't read the comics at all. The entire plotline is on Wikipedia, and I've revealed no secrets here.)

That's a good point, but I suspect they're not going to answer it. On the other hand, they could drop in one line about "good thing our underground well was built so well," and that would solve the problem.

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Then why get upset? I've revealed no names and no details. And I've pointed out that Tyreese lasted a long time in the comic book, but they killed him off fairly early on (without much of a foreshadowing) in the TV show. I suspect the producers' point is: nobody is safe in the show. Anybody can get the axe. I was told there's only three characters who made it through the entire run of the comic so far, and I would bet it's a different group for the TV series. And don't forget, Darryl isn't in the comic at all, so he's a wild card that could do anything and everything. I'd be in shock if they ever got rid of him -- he's hugely popular to the hardcore fans.

11. DreadPikathulhu

Both Rick and Carl date back to issue one. Maggie and Sophia (remember her!) date back to issue two. Michonne is the next longest surviving, dating back to issue 19 (though her status is currently unknown). Then you get into Eugene, Rosita, and Gabriel.

Vidiot likes this.
  12. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Maggie came later. You're probably thinking of Andrea.

13. DreadPikathulhu

You are correct.

Andrea in issue 2, Maggie in issue 10

14. There was a line or two alluding to their infrastructure (solar, compost, etc.). And all they would need is a pump - powered by the solar energy - to tap underground water. Many homes across the USA do this.

Vidiot likes this.
  15. DreadPikathulhu

I don't think it's that big of a stretch for them to be self-sufficient in Alexandria. What we don't know is how many people are there.

16. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

It's not for you to tell me what I've learned and didn't learn.

You guys are the most disrespectful of others that I've seen on this board.

I don't know why you have to be that way.

Mods - can you put "NO SPOILERS" in the thread title so this will stop?

subzro likes this.
  17. DreadPikathulhu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.