Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Blue splatter version of Stone Temple Pilots' "Purple" seems to have returned at regular prices (online only, it seems)... get it while you can, if this interests you.

Pressing quality was good on my copy. Sound-wise, it's OK at best... but it definitely LOOKS really cool.

In the past it's only been available for a brief time... here's the link:

STP - Purple

superstar19, MikeInFla and Davidmk5 like this.
  2. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

Already gone

MikeInFla likes this.
  3. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

This was cut by Bernie. It’s as good as it will ever sound!

grouploner likes this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i dunno, the music on vinyl pressing might have something to say about that.

MikeInFla and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. grouploner

As of 230pm (EST) today, it was showing available again, for $22.99

MikeInFla likes this.
  6. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

Got it this time, thanks!

MikeInFla and grouploner like this.
  7. grouploner

I'm glad. I felt bad that it was gone so quickly after I posted the deal on Tuesday. Hope you enjoy it!

8. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Pearl Jam Rearviewmirror greatest hits, broken up into Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 supposedly coming March 22nd. There was a preorder page on walmart.com for each but has since been taken down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

black sheriff and superstar19 like this.
  9. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

I’m curious how the Billy Joel exclusives will sound, I’m thinking they’ll be the same masterings from the recent vinyl box unfortunately.

bigtail and GentleSenator like this.
  10. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Got the Prince 1999 clear/white swirl this morning fed ex.
    Looks great......pumping the volume on my favorite track Automatic and it sounds exceptionally good.
    Wonder who did the mastering on these.

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm sure they will be but man those 12"x12" prints are cool and would look great on the wall. not sure anyone else i know would agree though.

CraigC likes this.
  12. masterbucket

Took a chance and preordered Billy Joel Glass Houses a personal favorite not that I need another copy...lol

13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Stopped in my local Walmart yesterday to see what they had. Their cd collection was: Adele 30 (and nothing else). On vinyl, they had one end cap, which contained their entire cd collection (above) PLUS Adele 30 on vinyl (many copies) and perhaps another 15-20 other vinyl releases.
    [​IMG]

14. davers

davers Forum Resident

Good to hear!

Has anyone seen the Prince title in store yet? I'm keeping an eye out but no luck yet.

15. masterbucket

Discogs shows Bernie Grundman mastering and I really like the foil printed album artwork as well.
    Great pressing for sure.

davers likes this.
  16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Image didn't display for me but I am assuming the only CD they had was 30? Wow. I check our store every Saturday or so and a couple of days ago the CD's looked the same as they always do - a small section of mostly cheap CD's no one would want. The LP section also looked the same. A mess with the same titles you see in every Walmart. The end cap had Adelle and a few other records displayed. They still have a couple of copies of The White Album Box (around $50) and the usual Eagles, ELO and rap albums.

mrjinks likes this.
  17. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

I tried my local WM on Sunday morning. The end cap was overrun with Adele LP's and a handful of others but no bargains in sight. The regular LP section was a bit more fully stocked than usual but still nothing of interest to me this time.

18. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I pre-ordered it online and it still hasn't shipped. No sign of it in the "wild" and WM's website doesn't list it at as In Stock at any store in Central Florida. Best of luck to you and everyone else.

davers likes this.
  19. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

It's like they intentionally have records in the store that are undesirable. Why not stock s the records that will actually sell?

20. MikeInFla

Agreed, and every store has the same 20 records.

21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Because they probably paid very little at wholesale for them.

A Walmart stocks something 150,000 items. It is not in the record business. It’s in the money making business. They might make more money selling 1 copy of Footloose than 10 or 20 copies of the Dark Side Of The Moon.

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yet there are people - even here - who think Walmart and Target selling vinyl is a sign the vinyl renaissance is in full gear.

23. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

It seems most of the records in Walmarts around here have been in the bins so long they are missing shrink-wrap and have most of the corners bent o_O

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ever walk through a Walmart? There are hundreds of items which have been sitting there forever - and not in near mint condition. Vinyl records are just another inventory item for them. I’ve seen opened (and presumably returned) records on the shelf - at the normal price. I assume Walmart has an inventory management strategy with the intent of maximizing revenue and profit.

It’s not much different than people who list items on ebay forever. All they have to do is sell it eventually and they made back their investment x 100 or whatever.

25. MikeInFla

The problem is that those stores are my only option (or Amazon or Discogs) but we have no physical stores here anymore.