Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

And that’s somehow a sign that vinyl is thriving? It’s hard to tell if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with what I wrote.

2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

No, don't disagree. I don't honestly know if it is a sign that it is thriving. For them to carry stock means there is some interest out there. I guess my point was I miss browsing a music store as there are none left in my area. I'm tired of looking at the big box stores every weekend seeing the same 25 titles week after week that most of us don't want (the exception being Black Friday when they did have some cool stuff on special).

3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I understand what you’re saying but I don’t see the connection to my quote you responded to.

Does it really mean there is “interest” out there any more than there is “interest” out there for, say, 3 step ladders? Vinyl fans (at least those with their eyes open) think only digital physical product is on the chopping block, but the vinyl market has all of the leading indicator signs of collapse too IMO.

4. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I give up - you're right and I'm wrong.

The margin is 20x higher on the Footloose soundtrack than Dark Side of the Moon which is why they've had the same 20 records on the shelf for the last 6 months.

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s not a matter of right or wrong. It’s that you seem to be viewing it through the myopic eyes of a vinyl buyer and thinking Walmart should too.

Walmart is not a record store. Take advantage of the fact they occasionally stock something you might find interesting at decent price.

6. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Sheesh, would it be too much to ask members to focus on posting Wal Mart colored vinyl deals instead for talking back and forth about non related topics?

riverrat, Kym and superstar19 like this.
  7. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Tonight I saw a pretty cool K-Tel type album of 70s/80s rock hits (I forget the exclusive color). Almost picked it up but no price on it and I forgot I could scan it on my phone. Someone really cleared out the racks from last week. Was there a big sale I missed?

MikeInFla likes this.
  8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

superstar19 likes this.
  9. Tjazz

Toby Keith LP Greatest Hits $22.98 (pre-order 4/28/22?)
    Robot or human?

I think this is a single LP? 16 tracks?

[​IMG]

superstar19 likes this.
  10. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

11. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I went to a different Walmart last weekend to look and see what records they had. I imagine it was kind of like the one @mrjinks went into because the selection was abysmal. One end-cap all Adele "30". Is that album moving a ton of units or did they make too many? The "normal" section was now reduced to 3 columns above a few CD's. It was the typical Harry Styles and a few others you see at every Walmart. Around the corner I found another end-cap and this one had the Billy Joel releases. Really not much to choose from at all. Lately the 3 stores I have been in have exactly the same records and when you see people post videos or photos of Walmart they all look the same. Not much variety at all.

12. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

My guess is they pressed WAY too many Adele albums ? the articles i was reading said they pressed 500,000 & some said as many as 800,000 on vinyl

McLover likes this.
  13. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

I couldn’t pass up this K-Tel style record..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Wow. A color vinyl version of why I stopped listening to commercial radio!
    KIDDING!

15. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Between songs there’s 10 minutes of colored vinyl commercials for car dealers and erectile dysfunction drugs.

16. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

That does it! I’m leaving work now to pick this baby up!

JasonA, MikeInFla and groovelocked like this.
  17. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

STP - Core is back in stock. $21.98

Robot or human?

The link takes you to the Walmart. No idea why that link says that... :laugh:

18. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I saw one tonight.

davers likes this.
  19. davers

davers Forum Resident

Thanks; I finally found Prince 1999 at my local last week.

Minor quibble: For both this and the recent Target Sign 'O The Times exclusive you have to really squint to see the "white swirl" in the clear vinyl. The purple and peach variants from a few years ago really pop compared to these. Great albums though!

20. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Anybody pick up any of the Billy Joel records? I'm thinking about picking up all six, but wanted some opinions in regard to sound and pressing quality before paying up.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
  21. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

I picked up all 6. Have only listened to “Piano Man” so far. Thought it sounded great and the pressing was perfect. I hope the other 5 are just as good!

22. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I got Glass Houses and have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
    Nice pressing along with the bonus litho.

thatguy1976 and sbsugar like this.
  23. Tjazz

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
  24. rockinbrian19

rockinbrian19 Well-Known Member

Picked this up. Afterwards read side 1 has over 30 minutes of music. Yikes! At least if I am not happy with the sound quality it will look pretty in a frame!:)

JorgeGvb likes this.
  25. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

I was pretty apprehensive after seeing the running time (and reading previous reviews of static, etc. when initially released), but I really like how it sounds. CB in deadwax.

Not sure why they didn't expand to 3 sides like the previous MOV release but it sounds great once you bump up the volume to accommodate the longer run time.

And yeah, the red and black splatter looks amazing.