Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I kind wish they would sell them in canada..though kinda don't as well as I don't need to be buying more vinyl but i do like to get color vinyl when i can over typical black reissues.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I just did as well. Can never have too much Metallica vinyl :) Seriously though... Metallica vinyl seems to have a never-ending demand. It's basically the opposite of Olivia Newton John LPs.

Grootna and WithinYourReach like this.
  3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

About Metallica
    Having sold 110 million albums worldwide, Metallica is the third highest selling artist in the United States in SoundScan History, behind only Garth Brooks and The Beatles.May 29, 2014

Olivia Newton-John has sold about 100 Million records.

SamS likes this.
  4. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

I received the first four Metallica LPs today (The Black Album should be here tomorrow), and I can confirm based on matrix data that these are repressings of the remasters released between 2016 and 2018 that were cut by Chris Bellman. :edthumbs:

Lethrus, JasonA, SamS and 6 others like this.
  5. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

The Metallica records also each come with a download card, for those who are into such things.

thetman likes this.
  6. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Wooooo!!! Mine is out for delivery.

7. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

good to know, picked up the first two but haven't had a chance to play them yet. ended up ordering justice and black album too.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  8. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I wanted to get these metallica albums from walmart so I signed up to planet express so I could get them shipped to canada but now they are out of stock of Kill em All and Puppets. Ugh. Hope they get more.

9. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

After cleaning all of them I'm currently playing Kill 'Em All and it sounds f*****g incredible. Very crankable.

On a side note, if anybody would like any or all of the download codes that isn't getting the set for the six records just PM me. I already have multiple digital versions of the albums, including the recent remasters.

mur, thetman, stingraex2000 and 2 others like this.
  10. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Thanks for the feedback! I had no Metallica on vinyl so I really wanted the first 3. Had to hit up 3 stores to finally get them.

WithinYourReach likes this.
  11. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

looks like a few of these are starting to sell out on the walmart site.

12. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

The Metallica set is already sold out! Mine arrives today. Is there a box for these 6 albums, or just is it the individual releases, just shipped together?

EDIT: I just received... No "box" just the individual albums. Oh well. Still pretty nice.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  13. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

very nice- hoping I get the rest of my order this week.

14. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Picked up the Bad Company 2xlp. It's going back. Do NOT like the mastering and to boot, crackly swoosh through the song "Bad Company" was just not gonna do. 2nd one, along with the Chicago IX yellow that I thought stunk. Even the label seems a little odd to me. Oh well Please excuse the not so good pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that, I almost picked up the bad company LP too. Chicago too? again that sucks.
    Having not owned any Metallica on vinyl I got around to playing ride the lightning. Have to say I wasn't blown away. There was also some fairly loud pops even after cleaning.
    Still have a few more to play but hoping they fair better. Still waiting for the best of Doobies and Pat Benatar walmart colored vinyl. I hope they sound ok too.

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  16. Acoustic Warrior

I nearly grabbed Metallica's 'Black Album' but wanted to hear from someone on here first. My Fleetwood Mac 'Mirage', Stone Temple Pilots 'Purple', Creedence 20 Greatest are terrific sounding and solid pressings. My Bob Seger Greatest Hits sounds exactly like the original vinyl I have but still nice all around.

Like most everything else, it's a hit and miss with these.

17. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

yes the fleetwood macs sound great. it is a hit or miss. I need to slow down on the buying. I have the Metallica original CDS- so these were kind of an impulse buy for me.

18. Acoustic Warrior

Same here! I was drawn in by the fact that of the ones I listed, Bad Company being Miles at Abbey Road an exception in this case, it was great to see the 'CB' and 'BG' in the deadwax on the others.

19. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Well yeah some of them are, but there are some evergreens and stone classics in there too.

I find the Boston S/T rather nice, Fleetwood Mac but of course, CCR double is beautiful, and the Elton 2LP picture disc set rather sweet. I want the Elton Yellow Brink Road actually.

And for the more modern rock crowd the Nirvana, GnR, and several others are hot titles. Kiss LPs are not exactly their best but will blow outta there and skyrocket in value no doubt if they really are limited. Looks like all of the Metallica titles are gone.

Just like the Newbury, and Barnes and Noble colored vinyl exclusives, these will go up in asking prices very quickly once they sell out. BG and CB in the deadwax on any of them will not hurt.

I need to keep an eye on these exclusives. I've been selling off a lot of stuff over at Discogs, but I like to dabble in CV exclusives as investments, or just for fun.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Have they previously dropped prices to $15 on a bunch of the LPs?

21. Acoustic Warrior

I am also going mention that most every lp, color exclusive or standard black pressings I have purchased from Walmart since October are EU pressings.

22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

When I see a hot title that I know is hot and I want it. I like to buy two copies (or more), then wait a few months or a year even or more, and then list the unopened one for triple or quadruple the original price and make my money back with the free copy. I have several copies of Zappa Hot Rats and Burnt Weenie Sandwich on swirl / splatter vinyl from Newbury exclusives. And I have some of the CCR titles on CV as well.

Been into colored vinyl since 1977 or 78. You can see a few of my old favorites in the signature link below.

23. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

They did a Black Friday sale for a few days before Thanksgiving where ALL the records in the store were $15.

24. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I've missed all the great deals. Barnes and Noble had a blowout in Jan. and I got there weeks late and pictured up only a few things. The nice part was the guy ringing me up gave me the 50% off on the two titles not included in the sale because I asked if he could. So I was very happy. Got The Replacements "Pleased to Meet Me" on blue wax. I need the Sire Mats albums because I got all the colored vinyl titles on Twin-Tone (from the 90s I think they are). I have DTAS and just really need Tim now. Just a reminder to myself.

JasonA and WithinYourReach like this.
  25. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

My Chicago IX Greatest Hits from Wal Mart has side 1 labels on both sides.....sounded ok though.

NJB