Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Homer would be proud.

2. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I'm going for the Super Fly on metallic gold x 2 copies. The recent remasted on Rhino is getting raves by some (better than the MFSL), and the Walmart is likely to be the same mastering. Not much else I need right now. The two Queen album on colored vinyl look attractive and collectible, but I don't know. Opera is a great album I already own several copies of including 1978 Dutch white vinyl, and MFSL original. So need to pass on queen I think, and Elton - Madman looks cool, but is missing a real cover, so that blows.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

4. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

The Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik unsurprisingly, is the sweet sounding Bernie Grundman cut. Buy with total confidence. The Californication IS NOT the Chris Bellman cut. Sounds pretty good to me though.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  5. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Nice find! I hope you didn't have to pay too much $$$. :edthumbs:

Myke likes this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

thanks for this!

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  7. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Next time I'm at Walmart gonna pick up "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"!

Acoustic Warrior and MikeInFla like this.
  8. Myke

CryptoSurfer likes this.
  9. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Myke likes this.
  10. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I don't think we've talked about these before. All from Walmart (sold by Deep Discount):

Cranberries 'Dreams' greatest hits - just $7.92 with free shipping
    Robot or human?

This is pretty cool. Andrew Lloyd Webber - Symphonic Suites - 2LP - 3 sides, the 4th is etched. List price is $70, down to $24 at Deep Discount, just $8.67. Looks like a great Christmas Gift for the record collector you never know what to get.
    Robot or human?

This has been around forever, on MoV, but it's worth the money, IMO. Junkie XL / Tom Holkenborg's soundtrack to 'Paranoia', just $7.11:
    Robot or human?

11. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Anyone seen the exclusive gold WAR Greatest Hits 1 & 2? Still not listed on Discogs.

12. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

The Cranberries listing says "vinyl" after the title but in the description it shows it as a CD with CD dimensions :shrug:

13. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Thanks for letting us know this, as I was definitely interested in purchasing this. I just went through this with other items that were advertised cheaply on WalMart's website.

I had purchased 2 discounted items last week on WalMart's website (Jimi Hendrix 'Both Sides Of The Sky' and Destroyer 'Have We Met') that were advertised as "vinyl", and both were CD's when delivered. (Both were sold by WalMart directly, and not through Deep Discount.) Returns were very easy though if you have a WalMart in your area, so it might be worth taking a chance for some folks.

I do have to say though, the majority of the previously-discussed items (mostly the ones that were also listed on Deep Discount's Blowout Bin, and sold by DD on WalMart's website) were vinyl records as advertised. Some great deals there.

mur, Fred Dender and Boomy like this.
  14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I think I've seen it. But I have the RSD single disc mastered by Kevin Gray and I'm not a big enough War fan to see myself spending $40 for a 2-disc set mastered by someone else.

joelee likes this.
  15. Myke

For those that don't already know, the GH is the only time Kevin has used a tube setup. Said so on camera a few weeks ago.

groovelocked likes this.
  16. I saw a copy when I was at Walmart today. I didn't buy it though.

groovelocked likes this.
  17. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Didn't see a "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" at the Walmart a few miles from my house, but I did pick up "Kill 'Em All" and a German pressed Stone Temple Pilots "Core" (I've read the German press is better than the Italian pressed of the Walmart STPs)

CryptoSurfer and faceinthecrowd like this.
  18. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I almost bought a Prince "1999" but wasn't sure about the pressing at the time.

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  19. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

According to the Collecting Queen page on Facebook (it's been a reliable source in the past), Queen's The Game is going to get the Wal-mart colored vinyl treatment. It will be silver, with the release date scheduled for October 7. It's not available for pre-order yet.

20. I'm hoping 'Jazz' will be on the list.

davers, faceinthecrowd and MikeInFla like this.
  21. Myke

The Bernie Grundman cut, sweet ! Prince - 1999

CryptoSurfer and Boomy like this.
  22. Today I picked up:

International Super Hits! - Green Day

News Of The World - Queen

Boomy likes this.
  23. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Is there still a Nirvana "Bleach" variant or is that out of print?

24. Myke

Boomy likes this.
  25. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

I saw some comments here that suggest some people weren't happy with the mastering (not the pressing quality) of the made-in-Germany "sunshine yellow" Walmart version of "Chicago's Greatest Hits." I purchased it for $19.97 and was very pleased with it -- although I think that could be because it sounds to me like the original Columbia LP, as opposed to the way these same songs sounded on the LPs on which they were first released.

Anyone here have any thoughts on this release? (My yellow-vinyl copy is dead quiet but does have an annoying skip in "Saturday in the Park," so I will have to seek out a replacement copy.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    CryptoSurfer likes this.