Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

"Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."

"It's deja vu all over again."

Boomy likes this.
  2. larry333

larry333 Forum Resident

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  3. larry333

larry333 Forum Resident

4. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

My final purchases:

Hot Rocks (Stones)
    ....And Justice For All ('Tallica)
    Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge (My Chemical Romance)

I was at the store and had more of a stack, but then I'm looking like "Da frick. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get to all of these". I don't wanna be that hoarder of vinyl. I was looking around for a "Garage Inc" and "Ride the Lightning" but alas, was not successful.

Oh I did see "Fair Warning" at one of the stores. Thought about it, but put it back. Also saw "St. Anger" and just couldn't pull the trigger even for $15.

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

for those who don't want to sit through 22 minutes of videos: there are a handful of clicks at the beginning of jamie's cryin'. seems all copies are affected...

6. Heavy J

Heavy J Well-Known Member

I picked up the following:
    Pearl Jam - Rearview Mirror Vol 1 and 2
    Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
    Tom Petty's Greatest Hits
    Led Zeppelin - Presence
    Led Zeppelin 2
    Stones - Hot Rocks
    Van Halen first

Very content with purchases

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Thanks. I clicked and quickly decided it wasn't worth watching to find out

groovelocked, GentleSenator and Boomy like this.
  8. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

He took a look at the clip, and he knew bettaaaaaah

9. the real pope ondine

the real pope ondine Forum Resident

i got the Beatles White Album boxed set today, was expecting it to be listed higher but it was $15 like the rest, I happened to be driving from Texas to Virginia and hit a few Walmarts along the way to see what i could get and spent way too much money lol

10. Heavy J

Heavy J Well-Known Member

Nice, I was looking for that at my local Walmarts but no luck

11. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I put a lot back too. The $15 per is a good sale but it turned into an open bar situation.:nyah:

12. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Right! It's also Christmas coming up so I didn't want to end up spending a lot of money on me, ya know. Kept it somewhat reasonable. Plus I got the 4LP Use Your Illusion coming my way, I'm done for 2022.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. Fender Relic

I returned some LP's from the sale this morning. I read some reviews and sampled some artists that I'd taken a chance on and found that I really didn't need/want. I wanted to do it early so other buyers would still get the sale price from my returns before close tonight. Hopefully they returned them to the floor quickly. One example was the CCR-live at Royal Albert Hall. I thought that'd be a real winner but reviews seem average at best. I'd doubled up on Physical Graffiti so one of those went back. After sampling the Chris Stapleton-Traveller on youtube I liked but figured I would only play selected cuts so it's back to the racks. Also, I'd picked up the CCR-Chronicles on fire/smoke vinyl and discovered at home I already had a good sounding nr. mint 70's copy. I ended up keeping 7 LP's.

Davidmk5, cowboy72, davers and 2 others like this.
  14. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Nice!

15. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I went back today for one last look and I found Diver Down. That completes my VH collection of the Chris Bellman pressings.

Hopefully, they do the Van Hagar LPs in the future!

Melissa17, cowboy72 and MikeInFla like this.
  16. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

Well good luck to yer! Some stores have started posting signage stating "All Vinyl $15". After Friday, me and my wallet were done!

17. aoxomoxoa

I think it's hilarious that you guys have so much selection at your walmarts and there was like 3 records at mine. I'm wondering if somebody came and just bought everything.
    There's no point driving around all the different ones in my area because it's probably the same. And as I've stated before I don't need any of this stuff but it is fun to find deals

Melissa17 likes this.
  18. voxstarstream

Still can't believe what an incredible deal the "Experience Hendrix" 2 LP set is (it was already a great deal at regular Walmart pricing)!

19. voxstarstream

That's the advantage of living in a small town as opposed to the city (I've done both)!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  20. aoxomoxoa

a long shot but they don't restock these shelves during the sale?

21. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

The way I see it if you have the money buy as many of these you want as possible. Starting tomorrow they will be a lot more. The price of vinyl is shooting up every year and it's nice to get a break with a great sale, not just a lousy 10% off sale. Sometimes you have to spend a little more to take advantage of a great deal if you buy & collect vinyl. And some titles will go out of print and never be available again at retail or sale price. I bought 20 albums, and I am very excited about it. I also don't buy crazy overpriced audiophile vinyl that will eat up more of your record money.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  22. Fender Relic

Not around here,I asked. Seems they have a regional distributor who restocks every now and then.

23. voxstarstream

I found one, along with "1", at a store about an hour away. Like I said, there's an advantage living in these small towns. They don't get picked over as quickly as they do in the cities!

tombayz likes this.
  24. voxstarstream

You are right on the money (literally)! LOL
    I got some awesome deals, with absolutely no intent of 'flipping' - I bought these for me. But yeah, this is definitely one of the better sales of the year. The only title I wanted but didn't find was "The Wall".

Boomy likes this.
  25. tombayz

tombayz Hey, can I get some bass?

I'm in a small town in western Kentucky. Lots to choose from, the vinyl racks were a complete cluster in terms of arrangment.

I picked up Hot Rocks, Revolver, Women and Children First, Kill 'Em All, and Master of Puppets, all for the promised $15 each. I saw two copies of John Coltrane's A Love Supreme that have probably been there since last year, didn't get as I already have it.

MikeInFla likes this.