Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Walmart doesn’t misgauge much. My guess is not everything is the same cost to them. I can’t imagine their cost for, say, Dark Side Of The Moon vs the Dirty Dancing soundtrack are that similar.

GentleSenator likes this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

great point. i guess i should also not forget how retail works after all. they'll just dump stuff that doesn't sell or is taking up valuable space for oh, say $1/each.

marcb and hutlock like this.
  3. sbsugar

sbsugar Representing Benton County since 2010

4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

riverrat and sbsugar like this.
  5. Markbot

Markbot Forum Resident

I can't find this on Walmart.com .

6. Markbot

Markbot Forum Resident

There are a number of bad reviews on the Walmart listing. Several report skips in the same spots. One person claimed to have tried 3 copies with skips all in the same place. Multiple do not buy warnings. I would buy it if it weren't for that.

7. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I have it...it is pretty quiet. Not a big CCR vinyl guy so can't comment on the sound quality in relations to source and mastering.

8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Boomy, JasonA and Markbot like this.
  10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Have you considered that complaints of skipping in the same spot on 3 different copies is a hardware problem rather than a problem with the record?

Skips are exceedingly rare on decent eqpt set-up properly. This is probably the only pressing on this vinyl, so unless almost EVERYONE is complaining, it’s actually more likely it’s a good dynamic pressing being played on suboptimal eqpt and/or with a suboptimal set-up.

It’s like putting 3 new sets of tires on a car with an alignment problem and blaming the tires for the steering and smoothness issues.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Abbagold, fluffskul and Davidmk5 like this.
  11. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

I sold a $70 NM album to a guy on Discogs a few years back. Always sounded great, and played with no issues on my system.

A couple weeks later I received a message from the him complaining that it had a skip, and that he had tested it multiple times & it always skipped in the same spot.

“It never skipped for me,” I told him. “Have you tried adjusting your counterweight or anti-skate?”

His response: “What’s a counterweight?”

He was using a super cheap turntable that was worth less than the LP he bought from me.

12. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

and THAT is why I rarely sell used vinyl... and if I do it is on here or to a record store! Sorry fro off-subject...

To get back on subject... my local WalMart had Aretha Gold on gold vinyl... I almost got it, but a corner was badly bent... and obviously WalMart isn't a place you can haggle. But i did notice a "made in germany," sticker on it. I assume that means a Pallas pressing? Anyone try this one out yet?

rcsrich likes this.
  13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

14. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

15. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

This one sounds great, dead quiet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Pallas or Optimal are the two options for the made in Germany sticker.

17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I’d care at least as much (or more) about who mastered/cut it and what source did they use.

18. DannyG

DannyG Forum Resident

My colored CCR vinyl arrived yesterday. Both records are flat, clean, and quiet. The sound is just ok though, but I’m not too concerned since I have nice sounding original copies when I want to listen more critically.

19. Acoustic Warrior

Picked up the Grateful Dead last weekend. One of the nicest ones of the series really.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Acoustic Warrior

I'm seeing most titles still available online on the Walmart site. STP "Purple' is one of them.

21. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

The Pat Benatar Icon press is back in stock. Not an ideal greatest / best of, but my version would be a 4 LP set.

Acoustic Warrior and Davidmk5 like this.
  22. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Just saw Iron Maiden Number Of The Beast at Walmart, certainly a different hype sticker than the 2014 vinyl. Just curious, it says remaster, it has to be the 2014 remaster, right?

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  23. Acoustic Warrior

I've seen "Nights Of The Dead" the last couple of weeks at my local.

24. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

First time seeing TNOTB, pretty sure it was black vinyl. Stuck out because of the hype sticker, seems like it was different than the first wave of black vinyl reissues.

Acoustic Warrior likes this.
  25. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

No Core though. I've been waiting for that to come back.

Acoustic Warrior and Lethrus like this.