Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Heading over the Barnes and Noble in a few minutes to take a quick look..... I'd like to grab a few colored vinyl items for the collection, but they need to be gorgeous and stone classics at a great price. That might really be asking too much.

2. B&N carries the Rhino releases, which with the 'Rocktober' and 'Start Your Ear Off Right' series there should be some really good titles, and priced around $26. I've been meaning to pick up the Van Morrison 'Astral Weeks' which I might do today since you reminded me. If I'm not mistaken it's a Kevin Gray cut.

Big Dicfoot likes this.
  3. Mickactual

Mickactual Humble indie rock musician

Other than the Garth Brooks Legacy box a few months ago, I've never seen any vinyl on clearance in my local Walmart. Unless they're hiding them in sporting goods or the garden center and I'm missing them... :rolleyes:

4. Big Dicfoot

Big Dicfoot "Dodgy Solderer" Bigsley Richford

I usually make it a point wen I visit the vinyl section to grab copies of Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Taylor swift and move them into the garden center re-placed between the bags of manure ..... but that's just me .......

5. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

So I noticed it is by store. We have like five here, all within a half hour of driving distance. One of the stores I do not frequent much at all had the clearanced LPs with big yellow tags on them (this is last year when the $15 sale was going on). The one closest to me is like yours, they hardly clearance records.

Mickactual likes this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Largely agree except I think vinyl - particularly at the large retail level like Walmart - IS on the downturn. I see very little inventory turnover in vinyl sections at the Walmarts I go to. For recent vinyl buyers, the value prospect is quickly attenuating. Look at the the Black Friday RSD events. Not nearly as well attended this year. Look at inventory in the big retailers - Walmart & Target. Does Best Buy even carry any vinyl anymore?

Vinyl is a pimple on a gnat's behind for Walmart. It means no more to them than Scotch tape or plastic shower curtains. I suspect they tried the $15 vinyl sales as a loss-leader (and also to clean out excess inventory) - and found out it wasn't much of a loss leader, but rather just a loss. How people here who bought those $15 albums ended up being a bunch of other high margin items during their visit? My guess is not many or - perhaps more accurately - not enough.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    Adam6437, Davidmk5 and Boomy like this.
  7. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Nice, clean vinyl right out of the package, no noise to speak of, flat and true.

Aretha Franklin - Aretha's Gold

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

I keep seeing these Walmart pressings at a local record store. They are always sealed, and are sold for either 5 or 10 dollars. I don’t know if a Walmart district supervisor is funneling them there for a few extra bucks, or they ‘fell off a truck’ in the Sopranos sense.

9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  10. I stopped by one of my local Walmarts while running an errand today, and I picked up KISS - 'Love Gun', and Snoop Dog - 'Doggy Style'.

11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I saw a Love Gun at my Walmart too and would have liked it or any of the first four on colored, but price was let's just say "not on sale."

CryptoSurfer likes this.
  12. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

So, you DIDN'T pull the trigger on that....L-O-V-E G-U-NNNNN!!!!!

13. I hear you. I think when 'Love Gun' was first issued at Walmart around 2 or 3 years ago, it was $24. At $30 it is priced too high in my humble opinion.

14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

And for the first album or Dressed to Kill I might have said screw it and bought it. Love Gun is certainly not Hotter Than Hell (which I own on the original (rare) Phonogram Netherlands picture disc)
    So yeah, I need a colored vinyl LP but of course, a stunner classic album, and get me out of the store without overpaying by the time tax is collected. Hell I'd take the Partridge Family, Archies, Grand Funk, Alice Cooper band, early Aerosmith, etc. etc. So many cool things they can come up with.

CryptoSurfer, Deano6 and MikeInFla like this.
  15. I was in Walmart today and as usual I stopped by the vinyl section. I found another 'new' Flame Blue vinyl copy of Boston 'S/T'. I like having two copies of some titles, one for listening and one for backup in case something happens. Now I can open this one and give it a spin. I guess the Walmart I was in gets a couple of copies of the Boston 'S/T' on Flame Blue vinyl nearly every week, but the employee I was talking to says they are usually bought up right away on Fridays, which is when they come in.

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I not even sure if Canadian Wal-Mart's carry Vinyl, let alone coloured vinyl. :shrug:

17. Easy to tell, just go to the Electronics section near the video games, and that's most likely where they will be.

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  18. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Ha ha , your right. Been awhile, but I have been there... :laugh:

19. theycallmemitch

theycallmemitch Forum Resident

20. Fred Dender

Fred Dender Forum Resident

theycallmemitch likes this.
  21. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

22. Heavy J

Heavy J Well-Known Member

Looks like just black vinyl

breakingglass likes this.
  23. Tjazz

24. Tjazz

25. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Great price on the Sixpence None the Richer album actually as Target and Amazon have theirs on presale for $32.99.

Boomy likes this.