Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

Wanting to hear from owners of the current Rega P8

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rufusbass, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Joel Shapiro

Joel Shapiro Forum Resident

2. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic Autodidact Debater

I doubt they would have with no advertising for it. And I doubt I would find out on my own either.
    I also cant remove old posts but you are welcome to stay mad.

3. LARGERTHAN

LARGERTHAN Forum Resident

Can't recall exact specs of wow and flutter and rumble but to suffice to say recent models were far better than tolerances and good enough for the medium.

If one is especially sensitive to wow and flutter, go Technics - or better still - digital. Otherwise, don't get hung up. If, for example, you fancy the aesthetic and design and have ample dosh, the Rega will serve you more than well enough.

Vinyl replay is inherently problematic. But that's to miss point entirely. Or rather, that is the point - there's beauty in the chaos. No matter the stylus tip, it'll be distorted. No matter the TT, there'll be measurable wow etc.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  4. Leonthepro

The interesting part is whats audible. With a good TT and stylus you wont heart Wow or Distortion.

5. LARGERTHAN

LARGERTHAN Forum Resident

The noise-floor itself is audible.

6. Leonthepro

Depends on the vinyl and music.