Warner Archives releasing Famous Studios' 2 disc Technicolor Popeye Cartoon Set

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by indy mike, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Just found out about this upcoming 2 disc Blu-Ray/DVD set of Famous Studio/Paramount Pictures Popeye cartoons from Warner Archives:
    Popeye The Sailor: The 1940s Volume 1 (BD)

Jerry Beck posted about this - there's some screen shots of it in the post below:
    Warner Archive Collection Announces the DVD and Blu-Ray Release of “POPEYE THE SAILOR: The 1940s” Vol. 1

This set covers the 1943 - 1945 Technicolor shorts released after Max and Dave Fleischer were out of the production scene. The animation is full and the color should be pretty eye-popping. If folks want more animation from Warner, step up to the plate and order this set. The B&W Porky Pig set Warner Archive released must have sold well enough for Warner to try another title...

2. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

OK what I want to know is do these pick up after my Popeye sets? Are these among the ones I have on PD sets(bad TV prints)? I have no interest in the TV cartoons. How many volumes are we looking at? This could get expensive.

3. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  4. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Wow, the clarity on those title cards is really amazing! Very clean, and such vibrant colors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.