Warning If Ordering From Target.com!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Recordfan, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Recordfan

Recordfan Misfit Among Misfits Thread Starter

My copy of the Bee Gees "Timeless" album arrived with a severely bent corner-rendering it worthless in terms of collectibility. It was shipped in one of those white plasticky envelopes-no cardboard-no bubble wrap-nothing!..At least the records weren't broken. I filled out a satisfaction survey that was automatically sent-no apologies-no response-nothing!...Anyone else experience this?..I won't be ordering from Target in the future!

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Wrong forum.

3. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I got one of the All Things Must Pass cd boxes with the stickers missing. I think I filed for a return and they just sent me another copy(didn't even have to return the other copy.) I'd suggest trying to return it and see what happens.

4. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

If you are near any Target store you can just take it back with your receipt for a full refund. And then you could consider ordering it once again, but odds are it will come from the same warehouse and you could end up with the exact same packaging.

Shawn, rediffusion and Recordfan like this.
  5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

When they had their sale earlier this year, I bought up a bunch of titles. Every day a new giant box would show up with one (maybe two) records in it. No padding. Just a huge box with a record floating around in it. It went on for a week. Obviously they have different locations of items going out but it was ridiculous to the point of being humorous. Pretty much everything had bent corners.

Recordfan likes this.
  6. Recordfan

It's hard to believe until you see it for yourself!..They must think that the album's cardboard sleeve is for the protection of the record!

cwitt1980 likes this.
  7. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I have a feeling they're not thinking much at all. Somewhere there's a lumberjack with a tear in his eye though.

Recordfan likes this.
  8. 0x1337

0x1337 New Member

Had no problems using Target, and they are pretty easy to deal with with online refunds

9. rjh_54

rjh_54 Well-Known Member

I went through this last year during their annual Black Friday sale. Records shipped in either large boxes without packaging OR in a poly shipper (without bubbles - the kind they'd ship clothes in). Horrible packaging, but I ended up going to the store and exchanging all the damaged records I got. I could've originally bought them in-store, but I thought buying online would save me some time. I was wrong!

Recordfan likes this.
  10. GruveRecords

GruveRecords Well-Known Member

That’s really odd. Any time I’ve ordered from Target they’ve shipped in very sturdy custom made record boxes similar to the ones I get from distributors. Never had an issue. But I guess any of the big box stores and Amazon can be a crapshoot.

11. Recordfan

I've only had the problem with Target..Walmart and Amazon-always great..

12. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I always pop into these threads wondering what people expect when they order vinyl from a retailer warehouses also sending out mini-fridges and cartons of Gatorade.

drpep, Moonbeam Skies and Adam6437 like this.
  13. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Yeah ordering vinyl from Target is very hit or miss... sometimes it's shipped in an oversized box and sometimes shipped in regular album mailers. Because of covers damaged during shipping, I wait until release day to place an order to be picked up in store, only to have my order canceled on several occasions, only to check later and see it is listed as unavailable, yet it still has a location for the item! I then go into the store and ask the sales associate to go in back to find the album still waiting to be unpacked!

Incidentally, when I have asked for a replacement copy, they almost always tell me to keep the damaged copy and process my replacement -- but again there are no guarantees it will arrive in better condition!

Recordfan likes this.
  14. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

I ordered during the B2G1 sale and my records arrived in a well protected multi-record mailer.

Recordfan likes this.
  15. Recordfan

Lucky!