Warsaw Record Stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Old Zorki II, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher Thread Starter

Perhaps Poland is not known as a hotbed of vinyl records trading, but still..
    Any suggestions will be helpful. Interested in rock and contemporary classical music.

2. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

I'm not from Warsaw and I don't buy vinyl, sorry. However, I can do a little research and report back.
    What exactly are you looking for @Old Zorki II ? New or used records? Classic rock or modern artists?

zphage and Old Zorki II like this.
  3. Old Zorki II

Vinyl, mostly used. Classic and prog rock and contemporary (modern) classical.

4. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

OK. Give me a little time and I'll try to provide some info. When are you coming to Warsaw?

Old Zorki II likes this.
  5. Old Zorki II

Thank you so much! Will be in Warsaw October 19-20 and then in Krakow October 24-26.

6. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

No problem. I'll let you know in a few days.

7. wallpaperman

wallpaperman Forum Resident

There were a couple of excellent CD/record shops in Warsaw when I was last there pre-covid.

One of them was Muzant which is still there by the looks of things, it’s just off the famous street Novy Swiat in a residential courtyard, down in a little basement. Not too difficult to find, had good second hand stock, probably suit your taste.

The other place was very close to Muzant, but it no longer seems to show up on the map, so guess it’s moved or closed.

There are quite a lot of shops coming up on a Google search if you have the time to explore. A wonderful city.

Coincidentally I am going to be in Wrocław around the same time, also a lovely city to visit.

Old Zorki II and zphage like this.
  8. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

@Old Zorki II
    I prepared a short list for you. Please keep in mind that I don't have a first-hand experience with any of the music stores listed below, so these aren't my recommendations, just some info I've gathered from Polish web pages. I included the names and addresses of stores and their websites/FB pages (which are in Polish, but perhaps viewing photos may be helpful).

Warszawa

Mega Disc
    Nowogrodzka 44

megadisc.pl
    facebook.com/megadisc1991

This store has kinda legendary status because of its owner, who's a collector, a music journalist and an expert in British 60s/70s rock and early 80s heavy metal. They sell new and used vinyl, including original/early pressings, and CDs. Apparently many rarities in excellent condition. On the downside: some people claim that the guy has a huge ego and acts like a jerk; he also sells bootlegs (not only concert recordings, but also rare and OOP studio albums released by dubious labels).

Muzant
    Warecka 4/6

facebook.com/muzantantykwariat

A large selection of new and 2nd hand vinyl of various genres, including early pressings. Also CDs and books. Generally good opinions.

Vinyl Tamka
    Chmielna 20

vinyltamka.pl
    facebook.com/vinyltamka

Many metal LPs and Polish music, but also some rock classics. Reportedly, it isn't a place to look for rarities, unknown bands and indie labels, but it has a decent selection of popular artists.

Płyty Gramofonowe
    Ząbkowska 11

plytygramofonowe.pl
    facebook.com/PlytyGramofonowe

It seems that they sell every kind of music and don't specialize in any specific genre. Customers praise the large selection and good service.

Music Fan
    Częstochowska 25/27

facebook.com/MusicFanWarszawa

Lots of popular rock and pop titles on 2nd hand vinyl and CD, but no rarities. Nice prices, according to the customers.

Winyl Market Records & Goodies
    Piękna 3

winylmarket.com

A small place with a limited selection and good prices. Mostly jazz, soul and funk, but also some classic rock. Customers praise the service.

Kraków

Paul's Boutique Record Store
    Bożego Ciała 24

digujto.pl
    facebook.com/PaulsBoutiqueRecordStore

Many jazz titles, also funk, pop and rock. Popular titles rather than rarities. New and used, vinyl and CDs.

Record Dillaz
    Berka Joselewicza 11

facebook.com/RecordsDillaz

African American music, rock, pop. It seems they sell reissues rather than 1st pressings. Vinyl, CDs and cassettes.

I hope you'll find something interesting. Good luck!

9. Old Zorki II

Rockhead likes this.
  10. Rockhead

Rockhead Forum Resident

You're welcome. Have a nice trip and a pleasant stay in Poland.