Watchmen Series on HBO

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Madness, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

By the way, if you have the HBO-GO app, the podcast is available via that (which is how I found it.) Presumably it is available via HBO-NOW as well.

ConnieGuitar and vince like this.
  2. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

Anyone catch The Wire reference in episode two. Bunny Colvin (Robert Wisdom) was the guy at the news stand. A couple of times he says 'sshheeeeeiiitt' in homage to his fellow Wire character Senator Clay Davis. :righton:

3. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I didn’t notice the no internet but now that you say it I guess that’s a little conspicuous.

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i don't know how that qualifies as a wire reference. robert wisdom is in lots of shows.

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

What's funny is how he's managed to bring that signature word with him on a number of different projects!

6. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Has anyone been able to find a lossless or Hires download of the first part of the soundtrack? So far I’ve only seen it on Spotify Amazon and iTunes.

7. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

I suppose it’s because he twice says a phrase that is synonymous with The Wire. When an actor from The Wire says ‘sshhhiiitt’ in such a manor one immediately thinks of that show.

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Well, I liked that episode.

9. vince

What's the title?....
    "If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own"..
    I can see Damon saying that.....

10. Yeah, Ep. 4 - really well done. So far I'm in love with this show. The whole thing with the baby and the deal for the farm was as close to pure Alan Moore as we'll get.

It just keeps unfolding from the inside out, making the world a little bigger as it goes along, introducing new characters when needed, expounding upon old ones, and the plot is served because of it.

I still think Laurie is unbelievable as a character, even in this world, yet I'll still give them that one.

I'm nearly ga-ga over the show now. None of the prequel or sequel comic books did it for me like this show does.

11. vince

High praise, indeed!

12. vince

Speaking of 'the baby and the deal':
    Do you think that took place in the '80's?
    I mean, "Islands In The Stream"?? Boy, I hadn't heard THAT song in ages!
    I ask because, I assume the compound at the end is where that farm used to be....maybe?

jpelg and EVOLVIST like this.
  13. Man, good thought! It can't be, though, because Lady Trieu's daughter is the same age in later scenes. ;)

vince likes this.
  14. vince

UNLESS.....she's...a.........clone.... (DUN-DUN-DUUUN!):laugh:
    Wasn't she also the girl who gets all the papers, in last week's episode?

Tropehjelm and jpelg like this.
  15. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I take it at face value that the fade from the farm to the town square with the Dr. Manhattan phone booth shows what happened to the farm. If so it leads me to believe Lady T is involved more with the town and heritage center than I previously would have imagined; but that’s just a guess of course.

jpelg likes this.
  16. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Yeah but it’s Lady T, so... ;)

17. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Apparently the couple at the farm in the beginning, where the object lands from space are called - the Clarks!?!?! :laugh:

18. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Reading my rounds of recaps it seems some theories about Lube Man being Agent Petey and Will being Hooded Justice are popping up.

19. vince

:laugh:

20. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I enjoy the show but honestly it's not all that. I wish it was. Maybe it'll get there. I hope so

21. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I'm enjoying the occasional male nudity. :pineapple:

22. You know, they have to film those scenes in a warm room. Any shrinkage won't do. Heh.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

every lindelof show demands patience, but man he makes it a fun ride while you get to resolutions and end points. i am really loving this show now.

24. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I just read that the actor used a body double and he had to choose from a stack of photos which appendage he felt was appropriate. :biglaugh:

EVOLVIST and marmalade166 like this.
  25. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Well, this is just tremendous - getting better and better each week. A fantastic incorporation of the original work with the new; the imagined world with the real...simply gobsmacked by it so far, honestly.

Fwiw, great to see Paula Malcomson brought on board - loved pretty much everything I've seen her do.

Even it goes completely limp down the road, these first few episodes will more than make up for any shortcomings later on imo. Just wow.