Waylon! :-)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Casemeister, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casemeister

Casemeister Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any Waylon that hasn't already been released on CD would be cool. There's a big market for it now -- and there always was. Fans at Waylon.com buy all the reissues. Lately, Buddha Records/BMG have been kinda lazy with their Waylon reissue program.

It would be good to see:

"Are You Ready For The Country?"
    "I've Always Been Crazy"
    "What Goes Around Comes Around"
    "Music Man"
    "Black On Black"
    "Leather & Lace"
    "It's Only Rock & Roll"
    "Turn The Page"
    "Sweet Mother Texas"
    "Never Could Toe The Mark"

If I haven't forgotten any, that's a list of all of the albums not already on CD... ;-)

Everything pre "Honky Tonk Heroes" was put on the two Bear Family box sets, "The Journey: Destiny's Child" and "The Journey: Six Strings Away," and Buddha Records have reissued "Honky Tonk Heroes," "This Time," "The Ramblin' Man," "Waylon Live," "Dreaming My Dreams," "Waylon & Willie," and "WW2" (I think that's all of 'em ;-)). Nothing else from RCA is on CD, other than DCC's "Ol' Waylon," which is, I believe, now out-of-print. Anything not already on CD from Waylon would be totally cool. It's a shame to think that only people like me who transfer their LPs to CD (but also buy CDs when they are made available!) have access, on CD, to the classic albums I listed above.

Casey.

2. JDY

JDY New Member

Waylon Jennings

Can't add much to Casey's post -- only to register my wish for Way-More Waylon material on CD.

EDIT: While it has been done on CD (albeit in limited quantities) Waylon & Company would be a good one to consider as well as all that Casey has listed above.

Thanx for considering our request!

Jeff

3. Angel

Angel New Member

I know Steve and Sam both love Waylon! Good idea!

4. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Do not forget Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way for the disc! A great sounding track as well!

Bob

5. Ramblinrose327

Ramblinrose327 New Member

Waylon Jennings

Please add my request for the same issues of Waylon on CD that has been posted here by Casey and JDY! Way-More Waylon could only be a very good thing!!!!! Would love to see lots more Waylon reissues on CD. And Casey is right, we would all be out there buying these re-issues to add to our collections. Waylon will continue to rock in our house for time to come, as in my entire lifetime. Waylon music has carried me on for 37 years and will continue to do so. (We also have a grandson that is ten and a Waylon fan. He rocks to Waylon.) Waylon may be physically gone from this earth, but his spirit and his music live on forever! And the more of that music available the better.

Thank you for allowing us to make our requests.
    Terry

6. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Re: Waylon Jennings

Terry,

Welcome to the Forum from another Wisconsinite! I am not a huge fan of Country music but I have always been a Waylon fan. Maybe because I have always felt that Waylon was a rocker at heart going back to his days touring with Buddy Holly. Maybe it is because I also hear Blues in his recordings as well. I am not sure, I just know that I enjoy listening to his recordings.

Bob

7. Ramblinrose327

Thank you for the warm welcomeHi

Hi Bob,

I would like to say thank you for your prompt and warm welcome to the forum from a fellow Wisconsinite!! Waylon music plays to the heart, because I think it was given from the heart. Nothing can compare to Waylon and no one will ever even come close in my life. The Man or his music! The edge he brought to the music and "Whatever Happened to the Blues". That will get to me everytime! Sings to my very soul! When I was about twelve years old I heard my first Waylon song and I was hooked. And happily so!

Thank you so much.
    Terry

8. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 New Member

Waylon

Would love to see reissues of Waylon on cd's that Casey, Jeff, and Terry mentioned. My two favorites, are "Are You Ready For The Country"& " I'v Always Been Crazy".
    It would be wonderful for all the Waylon fans to be able to get these.
    Thanks,
    Barbara

9. JDY

JDY New Member

"I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart." .....Waylon Jennings

10. Stanko

Stanko New Member

Bring on the Waylon Jennings reissues

I agree with the previous posts. I would love to see the remainder of Waylon's classic RCA albums issued on CD. Specifically, I would like to see "Are You Ready For The Country"..."I've Always Been Crazy"..."What Goes Around"..."Music Man"..."Black On Black"...and "Never COuld Toe The Mark" issued. "Waylon and Company" would also be a welcome addition.

Any consideration to this matter would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    SJT

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The 2 Waylon DCC CDs Steve did are excellent!

12. Casemeister

Casemeister Forum Resident Thread Starter

13. Ramblinrose327

Hey Casey,

For a young lad you sure have had a "bumpy" road. LOL Don't hurt yourself! I plan on meeting ya in person one of these days and hearing ya playing that "Waylon sound"!
    As you I would love to see some re-issues done. And will keep right on asking in hopes we will see them come to a reality.

Love ya much,
    Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.