We lost another one...David Hemmings

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by pdenny, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient Thread Starter

CNN:
    "British actor David Hemmings, renowned for his film roles in the 1960s cult classics "Blow-Up" and "Barbarella," has died suddenly at the age of 62, his agent said on Thursday.

"Sadly, whilst filming in Romania, David Hemmings collapsed suddenly and died of a heart attack," agent Liz Nelson said in a statement. "

What a crappy year. And anyone with these eyebrows should get to live forever.

2. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

He also had a small (but great) role in Gangs of New York.

3. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

Very sad news. I was just getting re acquainted with his talent after seeing LAST ORDERS just over a year ago. I thought that he was the quintessential upper-crust New York icon in Gangs of New York.

4. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

I, and many others will be seeing him when the Blow Up DVD is released in Feb. 04, for my money one of the great films of all-time. Also Hemmings did the narration for the Rick Wakeman's Journey to the Center of the Earth album, great narrator voice. Really liked this guy in Blow Up.

5. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

And he's also notable for recording a 1968 album ("Happens") with several Byrds backing him up and providing some of the songs.

6. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

That's GREAT! I hadn't heard that. This guy did have unholy eyebrows of fury, no? RIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.