Welcome all new members to the Steve Hoffman Music Forums! Please read this first...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Alderon Frederic

Alderon Frederic Member

Hello everybody!
    That's a bit massive forum so I will search for something suitable to read
    If you have any suggestions more than welcome to hear those

alexpop likes this.
  2. Forbin

Forbin Active Member

Hello! I am new to this board, and within the last few months setup my first decent system. I have a lot of questions in general about audio and look forward to using this board. The content on here seems great and I am glad to have found this board.

alexpop, Dave and George P like this.
  3. George P

George P Smellin' Like A Rose

Welcome! :wave:

4. Scratcha

Scratcha Member

Hello everyone,
    I've been visiting these forums for quite some time; I thought I might as well sign-up.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

5. HiResGeek

HiResGeek Active Member

Hi everybody,
    Like many others above I have lurked here for years, so I finally decided to sign up.

Question for the moderating team: I noticed that my posts need to be approved before they go "live". How long will that be the case for me? Do I need to make a certain number of posts or be a member for a certain amount of time?

alexpop likes this.
  6. GodShifter

GodShifter Negative Creep®

Hey, if he saw your attempted selfie he’d change his mind.

Or not, who cares.

Synthfreek likes this.
  7. Jocko

Jocko Well-Known Member

Will do, thanks

alexpop likes this.
  8. Matisse

Matisse Active Member

Hi everyone! So, here comes another music freak. I often find myself returning to this great forum looking for information on artists, records, releases, vinyl pressings etc, and of course always end up reading entire discussions, enjoying all the music talk. Finally taking the time to sign up, and looking forward to participate. See you around!

9. leegee72

leegee72 Member

I'm new here. I created a post like 30 minutes ago and it still says it's like pending approval before its published. Just wondering how long that usually takes or if I did it wrong?

10. George P

George P Smellin' Like A Rose

Hi,

I can see both of your posts, so you didnt do it wrong.

Welcome!

11. BoyGenius

BoyGenius Member

Greeting everyone, a new member here from the UK. I also made a first post which is currently awaiting approval. Will possibly not be posting very often, but always keen to find info on new releases.

12. Knocks

Knocks Member

How do I change the avatar? Thank you.

13. cspirou

cspirou New Member

Hi! New member here, but I have a presence on other forums(same username) related to headphone audio and DIY. I didn't see an introduction thread so I guess that this is as good a place as any. I like to tinker a lot so my primary motivation is to build stuff as opposed to being captain audiophile, but good sound is definitely appreciated. My day job is a nanopore researcher and my night job is playing Stardew Valley to entertain my son. In between I squeeze in this unreasonable hobby.

I was wondering why I can't look at profiles yet? Is there an embargo on new members until a certain amount of time has passed.

Anyway, the real reason I joined is because on the other forum I frequent has a member named @Dino that we just discovered passed away. I saw that he has 1700 messages here so I was wondering if he was a prominent member here and if people were curious about his absence. I didn't want to start a thread here as a totally unknown member, but I still felt it was important to let people know.

14. tmsorosk

tmsorosk MORE MUSIC PLEASE

Brits are welcome too.